Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo TV

Hi!
I have a Sanyo HD TV Mdl DP32746 that has good sound no picture and
no light on the screen, should I guess the back light inverter or the T Con
board.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 31, 2:01*pm, "Vincent Schmitt" wrote:
Hi!
* * I have a Sanyo *HD * TV Mdl DP32746 that has good *sound no picture and
no light on the screen, should I guess the back light inverter or the T Con
board.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Vince

You shouldn't need to guess. You will have to troubleshoot the set,
take some voltage measurements and do some diagnostics. Are you an
electronics technician familiar with television and experienced in
working around high voltages? Do you have test equipment other than a
10.00 DMM? Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:01:46 -0600, "Vincent Schmitt"
wrote:

Hi!
I have a Sanyo HD TV Mdl DP32746 that has good sound no picture and
no light on the screen, should I guess the back light inverter or the T Con
board.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Vince

It's most likely the inverter, but there is a quick and easy test to
help decide. Working in a darkened room, turn the TV on. Does the
screen get lighter, even momentarily? With the back of the TV off, do
you see any lighted areas on the back of the lcd panel?

Googling the model number indicates the TV has a history of inverter
failures. Checking eBay finds that there are LOTS of tcons available,
only one inverter.

A brief flash on the screen indicates an inverter or CCFL problem; if
the backlights never come on it's most likely an inverter problem,
often a fuse.

PlainBill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I don't know what Sanyo's policy is now but used to be they would not sell
you any kind of service documentation. That was back in the 80's and I
stopped buying any Sanyo stuff after that.

Not so, not in the U.S. anyway. I bought service literature for Sanyo TV,
stereo, and VCR products all the time back then.

Trick was, if you were not a dealer, you had to order the manuals and parts
from a distributor, such as Fox International.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:09:44 -0700, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

I don't know what Sanyo's policy is now but used to be they would not sell you any kind of service documentation. That was back in the 80's and I stopped buying any Sanyo stuff after that.

Documentation is seldom a problem. Anyone with a little intelligence
can locate schematics on the internet. My favorite source is
elektrotanya.com. Scribd often has documentation, even training
manuals for some models.

In the case of backlight / inverter failures, the service manual is
seldom useful. In most cases the tcon and the inverter are considered
part of the panel and are not documented. Again, all it takes is a
little creativity to troubleshoot these.

PlainBill

wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I don't know what Sanyo's policy is now but used to be they would not sell
you any kind of service documentation. That was back in the 80's and I
stopped buying any Sanyo stuff after that.

Once upon a time (Betamax Video days) Sanyo UK responded to several requests
(well 2 actually) for VCR Service Manuals without any charge. I continued
buying !

JS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message ...
"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I don't know what Sanyo's policy is now but used to be they would not sell
you any kind of service documentation. That was back in the 80's and I
stopped buying any Sanyo stuff after that.

Once upon a time (Betamax Video days) Sanyo UK responded to several requests
(well 2 actually) for VCR Service Manuals without any charge. I continued
buying !

JS

That's good to hear. I had several projects involved Sanyo electronics in the 80's pre-internet, and they sent only brochures and consumer crap. Others in the same group had the same experience. Only factory-techs got schematics and exploded diagrams. Not saying others did not get good service -- that's mine and because of that I have not bought a Sanyo anything since 1986.

Sanyo TV Vincent Schmitt Electronics Repair 1 July 10th 12 01:22 PM
Sanyo TV Vince Schmitt Electronics Repair 6 January 21st 11 12:43 PM
Sanyo TV Vince Schmitt Electronics Repair 0 January 17th 11 02:15 PM
Sanyo Vince Electronics Repair 1 March 7th 10 03:17 PM
SANYO TV 4:3 Newberry UK diy 6 August 25th 04 07:17 PM