Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Pioneer schems ...

Hi all

Anyone by any chance got schematics for an old Pioneer unit type DC-X55Z ?
Only need the bit around the output hybrid and its power supplies, I think.
The hybrid has audio going in at both channel input pins, but not a jot
coming out on either channel. Basic supplies are present, and no obvious
looking anomalies at any pin using the data sheet for the STK. It's not the
STK itself, as I hung another in just to be sure. Interestingly, the output
protect circuit doesn't seem to be working either as the output relay is
never being driven, but there is no significant DC offset on either
channel's output, so I'm guessing that there is going to be an O/C resistor
or whatever that has some commonality between the protect circuit, and
something like the mute pin on the STK, which has about negative 1 volt on
it. I can't find anything on the data sheet that details the conditions on
this pin for muted or opened.

TIA

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
[...]

Not finding the manual for that, not free anyway, but sometimes I'll see a
small value electrolytic hanging off the power supply and used as a fast
cut-off for the protection circuit. Bad cap, IC sees AC (or zero DC anyway)
and keeps the relay drive held off. Usually between 2.2uF and 10uF.

You could try forcing the relay drive ON, using the diode check function of
your DMM to the drive transistor base, for example. If the amp output is
normal I do think I'd look more back to the power supply.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
[...]

Found a schematic for a DC-X77Z...

I can send that to you...

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Mark. The protect circuit is not based on an IC in this one, and
there is no output from the hybrid even prior to the relay, so I guess that
whatever is causing that is the fundamental problem, and the protect circuit
not operating is a an allied, but side issue ...

Arfa