Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default Finding datasheet for a chip

I recently bought a heating pad which has a "feature" which shuts the
heat off after 2 hours. Virtually all pads seem to be made this way now,
unfortunately. I would like to defeat this. I can probably jumper
around the timer control portion of the switch to accomplish this, but I
see in doing some searching that on at least one older model, some
modification of the circuitry around the chip can accomplish this, too
http://www.ralree.com/2007/12/13/dis...e-heating-pad/
Unfortunately, the circuit on that pad is not the same as mine, which
is centered around an 8 pin chip marked "SEDS 13-000022 R1017A" I can't
seem to find any data on this chip. Tried www.alldatasheet.com, no info
that I could find. Anyone know where I might look, or have any other
ideas for eliminating the timed off action?

TIA

Dan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 13:10:10 -0800, D wrote:

I recently bought a heating pad which has a "feature" which shuts the
heat off after 2 hours. Virtually all pads seem to be made this way now,
unfortunately. I would like to defeat this. I can probably jumper
around the timer control portion of the switch to accomplish this, but I
see in doing some searching that on at least one older model, some
modification of the circuitry around the chip can accomplish this, too
http://www.ralree.com/2007/12/13/dis...e-heating-pad/
Unfortunately, the circuit on that pad is not the same as mine, which
is centered around an 8 pin chip marked "SEDS 13-000022 R1017A" I can't
seem to find any data on this chip. Tried www.alldatasheet.com, no info
that I could find. Anyone know where I might look, or have any other
ideas for eliminating the timed off action?

A 555 timer chip is only eight pins but so are many smaller
microcontrollers. Can you take a picture of the circuit board (both
sides, perhaps) and upload that to Flickr, ImageShack, or similar? That
might help narrow down the choices somewhat.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Rich Webb" wrote in message
[...]

I suspect this is probably a Chinese in-house number. The chip could be
anything and there is unlikely to be any data out there on it.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 22:29:52 -0000, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

"Rich Webb" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

True but it's most likely going to be a counter like the other examples
or, perhaps, something more modern like the aforementioned uC with an
internal RC oscillator. Could be a 4-banger, even. But looking at where
it is in the layout can give some clues to getting the OP a way to
accomplish his intent.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

wrote:

"Rich wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 13:10:10 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the great replies. I'm not sure what the chip is, it's a
SOP8 package, not a DIP like a 555 timer. Probably right, some
proprietary design with little data available. One side of the line is
switched via a small transistor, I disconnected the transistor & ran
that side of the line directly. Heat levels are adjusted with the
control switch on the other side of the line. So far so good. Also,
the bloody thing is SUPPOSED to shut off at 2 hours, and it's barely
making it past ONE. PITA.

Dan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

On 2/6/2012 11:27 PM, D wrote:

Thanks for the great replies. I'm not sure what the chip is, it's a SOP8
package, not a DIP like a 555 timer. Probably right, some proprietary
design with little data available. One side of the line is switched via
a small transistor, I disconnected the transistor & ran that side of the
line directly. Heat levels are adjusted with the control switch on the
other side of the line. So far so good. Also, the bloody thing is
SUPPOSED to shut off at 2 hours, and it's barely making it past ONE. PITA.

Dan

I just re-read this & want to clarify that the pad IS now staying "on",
after the mods. The message above may not have been clear. Thanks again.

Dan

Need help finding chip replacement... landed elephant Electronics Repair 1 July 8th 09 10:16 AM
====Search for daTASHEET pioneer vsx 804 datasheet who can help me===== canyon Electronics Repair 0 July 6th 07 04:58 PM
need datasheet yhan Electronics Repair 0 June 4th 07 09:49 AM
Finding an IC chip Ken G. Electronics Repair 3 March 2nd 06 09:49 PM
Advice on how locating ( Chip FA4111 & chip M52722P) in the UK ? (for a vgood 21" monitor) Chris Electronics 1 January 29th 04 03:46 AM