Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Finding datasheet for a chip

"Rich Webb" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 13:10:10 -0800, D wrote:

I recently bought a heating pad which has a "feature" which shuts the
heat off after 2 hours. Virtually all pads seem to be made this way now,
unfortunately. I would like to defeat this. I can probably jumper
around the timer control portion of the switch to accomplish this, but I
see in doing some searching that on at least one older model, some
modification of the circuitry around the chip can accomplish this, too
http://www.ralree.com/2007/12/13/dis...e-heating-pad/
Unfortunately, the circuit on that pad is not the same as mine, which
is centered around an 8 pin chip marked "SEDS 13-000022 R1017A" I can't
seem to find any data on this chip. Tried www.alldatasheet.com, no info
that I could find. Anyone know where I might look, or have any other
ideas for eliminating the timed off action?

A 555 timer chip is only eight pins but so are many smaller
microcontrollers. Can you take a picture of the circuit board (both
sides, perhaps) and upload that to Flickr, ImageShack, or similar? That
might help narrow down the choices somewhat.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

I suspect this is probably a Chinese in-house number. The chip could be
anything and there is unlikely to be any data out there on it.

Gareth.