Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC XV-N332 DVD player factory reset procedure?

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture. Does anyone know the factory reset procedure? When I plug it
in while holding STOP and PLAY on the device, it shows N3320U in the
display. Pressing menu repeatedly brings up various codes, then all
the LED elements on, then CHCK but nothing about reset.

I tried leaving it unplugged for several days now, but no change.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Yimin
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture.

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 11, 10:11*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture.

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

- Franc Zabkar

Don't know. How would I find that out and correct it? /YR
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:57:48 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Jan 11, 10:11*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture.

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

Don't know. How would I find that out and correct it? /YR

Examine the remote control for a Progressive Scan button.

I think it is labelled "PSCAN" in the following example:
http://www.zis4u.com/images/October%202010%20001.jpg

I expect it would be a toggle.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 8, 12:25*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:57:48 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Jan 11, 10:11*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture.

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

Don't know. How would I find that out and correct it? /YR

Examine the remote control for a Progressive Scan button.

I think it is labelled "PSCAN" in the following example:http://www.zis4u.com/images/October%202010%20001.jpg

I expect it would be a toggle.

- Franc Zabkar

I see a [p] on the LCD display on the DVD player, so likely that's the
problem (i.e. on progressive scan).

This is what the remote looks like:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...RM-SXV069M.jpg

Not seeing anything like PSCAN. I've read about various tricks on
other makes to toggle it back, none work. Tried contacting JVC
directly, no reply.

/YR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:20:59 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I see a [p] on the LCD display on the DVD player, so likely that's the
problem (i.e. on progressive scan).

This is what the remote looks like:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...RM-SXV069M.jpg

According to the user guide ...

http://www.jvc.co.nz/assets/pdf-manual/XV-N332.pdf

.... "to switch the scanning mode between Progressive and Interlace,
press and hold VFP-I/P on the remote control for a few seconds".

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t.../RemoteControl...

According to the user guide ...

http://www.jvc.co.nz/assets/pdf-manual/XV-N332.pdf

... "to switch the scanning mode between Progressive and Interlace,
press and hold VFP-I/P on the remote control for a few seconds".

- Franc Zabkar

Thank you, that did it! And now I can print a copy of the user manual!

Regards,

Yimin