Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Yimin Rong Yimin Rong is offline

Default JVC XV-N332 DVD player factory reset procedure?

On Feb 8, 12:25*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:57:48 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Jan 11, 10:11*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no
picture.

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

Don't know. How would I find that out and correct it? /YR

Examine the remote control for a Progressive Scan button.

I think it is labelled "PSCAN" in the following example:http://www.zis4u.com/images/October%202010%20001.jpg

I expect it would be a toggle.

- Franc Zabkar

I see a [p] on the LCD display on the DVD player, so likely that's the
problem (i.e. on progressive scan).

This is what the remote looks like:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...RM-SXV069M.jpg

Not seeing anything like PSCAN. I've read about various tricks on
other makes to toggle it back, none work. Tried contacting JVC
directly, no reply.

/YR