Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic DMR-EZ-27 won't start

Following a power outage the unit keeps rolling the oooo...
forever. I can get it to shutoff by holding the power
switch on for a while, but then when I start it the
display reads HELLO and sits there forever.

No help from Panasonic. The manual says the ooooo....
is normal, but not for several hours.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 12, 7:11*pm, root wrote:
Following a power outage the unit keeps rolling the oooo...
forever. *I can get it to shutoff by holding the power
switch on for a while, but then when I start it the
display reads HELLO and sits there forever.

No help from Panasonic. The manual says the ooooo....
is normal, but not for several hours.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...ing-capability
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 12, 7:11*pm, root wrote:
Following a power outage the unit keeps rolling the oooo...
forever. *I can get it to shutoff by holding the power
switch on for a while, but then when I start it the
display reads HELLO and sits there forever.

No help from Panasonic. The manual says the ooooo....
is normal, but not for several hours.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...ing-capability

Thanks for responding, but I couldn't find any mention
of my problem in that link. The "reset" option using
CH-Up+Ch-Dn only works after the unit completes a
power on test.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...-EZ27-has-lost...

Thanks for responding, but I couldn't find any mention
of my problem in that link. The "reset" option using
CH-Up+Ch-Dn only works after the unit completes a
power on test.

Most likely the power supply is ****ed, then.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13/12/2011 04:50, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 12, 8:26 pm, wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 12, 7:11 pm, wrote:
Following a power outage the unit keeps rolling the oooo...
forever. I can get it to shutoff by holding the power
switch on for a while, but then when I start it the
display reads HELLO and sits there forever.

No help from Panasonic. The manual says the ooooo....
is normal, but not for several hours.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...-EZ27-has-lost...

Thanks for responding, but I couldn't find any mention
of my problem in that link. The "reset" option using
CH-Up+Ch-Dn only works after the unit completes a
power on test.

Most likely the power supply is ****ed, then.

I have exactly the same model as you and have had the same problem. Its
basically a capacitor that has gone high ESR and an IC failure (due to
high ESR cap).

You can get the repair kit off ebay but does require you to be handy
with a soldering iron and have a good steady hand for intricate work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk....c0.m270.l1313

Regards

Stephen