Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need connector pinouts for SILCA CAN Data Router

Hello,

I'm trying to repair a SILCA CAN SDD Data Router for a locksmith friend of
mine. It has a DB25F connector on the rectangular portion of it that houses
the electronics and a DB15F on a tail that extends from there. As I
understand it, the device is used in conjunction with a vehicle's OBDII
connector to access key information. And, FWIW, I believe that SILCA was
taken over by ILCO. At least that's what I was told.

The DB15F connector's hood is missing, which is probably why the wiring got
damaged. There is one wire that's cut in half, so its repair is to just
splice it back together. However, some of the other wires have broken off of
the pin connections to which they were soldered. I have no way of knowing
which wire goes to which pin.

Here's what been left intact and what's missing.

DB15F

1 -

2 -

3 - Yellow

4 -

5 - Black? - Soldered to a pin, but there is no extra black wire in the
cable

6 - Gray

7 -

8 - Orange

9 - Not used, as there is no evidence of solder on the pin

10 - Green

11 -

12 - Blue

13 - Red

14 - Black - This one is intact with both the connector pin & cable

15 -

The wires not connected are the white and brown leads. And, as I said, what
appears to be a 2nd black wire hanging from pin 5 with no matching wire in
the cable..
On the DB25F end, all of the wires from the cable terminate on a circuit
board with the actual connector attached at the opposite end, so I have no
way of knowing what signal each conductor is supposed to have.

Does anyone in the group have the pinout for the connectors at each end or a
link to where to find the info?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.

Peter.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

[...]

http://pinouts.ru/

Scroll down at the button, there are car diagnostic OBII interface
cables there and explanations. You maybe able to figure it out.

Jamie.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote in message
b.com...
[...]

Patterning of the broken strands assuming multi-strand? Wires tend to break
in some sort of staggered way, then if in doubt matching angles of breaks.

Laptop battery connector pinouts msg Electronics Repair 2 October 10th 07 09:44 AM
Scientific Software : Data Acquisition, Weather Data Scott Electronics Repair 0 July 26th 07 12:19 PM
Scientific Software : Data Acquisition, Weather Data Scott Home Repair 0 July 26th 07 12:14 PM
Silca Gel (again) fred UK diy 12 June 5th 07 11:30 PM
PSOne screen connector pinouts Isaac Wingfield Electronics Repair 0 December 25th 05 06:42 AM