Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fender Super Twin

Hi all,

the Fender " Super Twin " has to be my least favourite Fender model.

http://www.ampwares.com/schematics/super_twin_180w.pdf

This week, one came in that had been modified, butchered and totally
buggered.

The list of things wrong was staggering:

1. No AC fuse and foil inside the holder.

2. AC switch broken.

3. Standby switch broken.

4. OP tranny loose.

5. Two 6L6s visibly burnt on bases and glass.

6. Two 6L6s missing ( out of six ).

7. Two diodes in main bridge short circuit.

8. Bias filter electro open.

9. Bias feed resistors changed from 33k to 330 kohms.

10. Hum balance pot burnt out.

11. Negative feed back resistor changed from 820ohms to 1Mohm.

12. UL connection on 6L6 screens removed and new screen supply circuit
fitted badly.

13. All filter electros 36 years old.

14. Main filter electros 100uF each instead of specified 220uF each.

15. Chassis and cabinet dirty and speaker bolts all loose.

The only good thing and what made the amp worth doing was that the two 12
inch speakers were 75 watt Fanes in good condition.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 9, 8:37*pm, "Phil Allison" wrote:

The only good thing and what made the amp worth doing was that the two 12
inch speakers were 75 watt Fanes in good condition.

..... *Phil

How old were the speakers? Had they been reconed?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"spamtrap1888"
"Phil Allison"

The only good thing and what made the amp worth doing was that the two 12
inch speakers were 75 watt Fanes in good condition.

How old were the speakers? Had they been reconed?

** The date on the frames is " 10 April 1996" .

I really doubt they have needed reconing or that it would be economic here
in Sydney.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:37:08 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

LOL sounds like the Showman head someone gave to me that had been
butchered beyond belief into a 100 watt head from 50. There was so much
wrong I chucked the chassis in the bin and sold the cabinet and other
parts of the chassis.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse

Fender Twin reverb from 1979 N_Cook Electronics Repair 18 April 27th 10 12:05 PM
Spaced out fender SteveB Metalworking 1 May 12th 08 10:35 AM
Fender AB763 Super Reverb, 1966 N Cook Electronics Repair 20 August 21st 07 05:34 AM
FA: Super cheap metalworking equipment -Mitutoyo, Starrett, Super/morse Joee Metalworking 0 April 19th 05 08:07 AM
join thin twin electricity cable with standard twin and earth Dundonald UK diy 6 March 29th 05 09:00 AM