Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Modifying a USB cable to charge iPod without PC connection

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._ch argers-2/

+5V ---50k --- D-

10k

GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 29, 7:04*am, Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._charger_units...

+5V ---50k --- D-
* * * * * * * * |
* * * * * * * *10k
* * * * * * * * |
GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

Show your work -- why make people duplicate your analysis?
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

+5V ---50k --- D-

10k

GND ---40K --- D+

Show your work -- why make people duplicate your analysis?

I dont' wanna kill my iPod Touch...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38.4
^ ^ 23:40:01 up 5 days 3:41 1 user load average: 1.00 1.04 1.05
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 29, 8:44*am, Man-wai Chang wrote:
+5V ---50k --- D-
* * * * * * * * *|
* * * * * * * * 10k
* * * * * * * * *|
GND ---40K --- D+

Show your work -- why make people duplicate your analysis?

I dont' wanna kill my iPod Touch...

Why not just use the two resistor dividers your link claims do work?
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On 29 abr, 10:04, Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._charger_units...

+5V ---50k --- D-
* * * * * * * * |
* * * * * * * *10k
* * * * * * * * |
GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

--
* *@~@ * Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
* / v \ *Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) *Linux 2.6.38.4
* *^ ^ * 22:00:02 up 5 days 2:01 1 user load average: 1.10 1.08 1.05
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa

Seems to me that this mod should work. All that this mod does is to
put some voltage in D- and D+ pins, and that voltage will never be
greater than 5V, so I don´t see why it will not work.

Just give it a try. You won´t fry anything.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

I made an iPod charger to run off 4 AA batteries using a similar divider.
Not sure why you are modifying the example given, but the values are not
especially critical. Any reason you can't measure the output?

..
"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._ch argers-2/

+5V ---50k --- D-

10k

GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38.4
^ ^ 22:00:02 up 5 days 2:01 1 user load average: 1.10 1.08 1.05
???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ????? (CSSA):

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-04-29, Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._ch argers-2/

+5V ---50k --- D-

10k

GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

As you're not putting more than 3.3V on the data lines it looks fine
to me.

There's a standard for power-only USB sockets.
it's basically 5V and some resistors, I'm not sure how close to it
that layout it is, I'd research and try the standard way first.

--
100% natural
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-04-29, Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/si..._ch argers-2/

+5V ---50k --- D-

10k

GND ---40K --- D+

Is this safe? Would it work?

At initial glance it seems good, but I haven't read the whole USB
charging specification.

http://www.usb.org/developers/devcla...rging_V1_2.zip

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

At initial glance it seems good, but I haven't read the whole USB
charging specification.
http://www.usb.org/developers/devcla...rging_V1_2.zip

Too much information.... -_-"

Are you saying that the voltage over D+ and D- should be smaller than
2.0V and 2.5V respectively?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38.4
^ ^ 18:57:01 up 5 days 22:58 1 user load average: 1.01 1.06 1.05
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-04-30, Man-wai Chang wrote:
At initial glance it seems good, but I haven't read the whole USB
charging specification.
http://www.usb.org/developers/devcla...rging_V1_2.zip

Too much information.... -_-"

Are you saying that the voltage over D+ and D- should be smaller than
2.0V and 2.5V respectively?

The only maximum voltage number I saw quoted for those pins was 3.6V
I skimmed it, mostly I did searches and looked at the diagrams.

--
100% natural