Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cypress CP5609AMT

I would like to modify a dead mouse into a LED power. The chip would not
activate the LED input until the PC boots into Window$.

Could I short a few pins on the CP5609AMT to skip the detection of
Window$ and instantly turns on the LED input?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.37.1
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:55:06 +0800, Man-wai Chang
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I would like to modify a dead mouse into a LED power. The chip would not
activate the LED input until the PC boots into Window$.

Could I short a few pins on the CP5609AMT to skip the detection of
Window$ and instantly turns on the LED input?

FWIW, this obsolescence document advises that the CP5609AMT and
CP5605AM devices have been replaced by the CY7C63613-SC:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...645.pdf&scan=n

CY7C63411/12/13, CY7C63511/12/13, CY7C63612/13 Low-speed USB
Peripheral Controller:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...5671.pdf&scan=

My cursory examination of the document would suggest that the
microcontroller may be waiting for a command over the USB interface
before it activates the LED. Otherwise one of the GPIO pins may have
the desired function, but this would be implemented in the firmware by
the designer of the mouse.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Man-wai Chang wrote:
I would like to modify a dead mouse into a LED power. The chip would not
activate the LED input until the PC boots into Window$.

Could I short a few pins on the CP5609AMT to skip the detection of
Window$ and instantly turns on the LED input?

Have you ever used an optical mouse? Ever notice how the LED gets
brighter when you move the mouse? It sounds like what you want to do is
dangerous. If you have the LED on at full brightness all the time, then
it will overheat and catch the mouse on fire.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you ever used an optical mouse? Ever notice how the LED gets
brighter when you move the mouse? It sounds like what you want to do is
dangerous. If you have the LED on at full brightness all the time, then
it will overheat and catch the mouse on fire.

Good point! I haven't thought about that.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38

Cypress Jeff Thies Home Repair 8 March 6th 11 07:01 PM
Black Cypress Comcast Newsgroups Woodturning 13 January 30th 07 05:36 PM
Turning cypress Art Ransom Woodturning 1 November 13th 06 07:46 PM
Cypress Joe Woodworking 5 April 12th 05 07:17 PM
cypress Howard Osborne Woodworking 3 August 24th 04 02:26 PM