Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer PD-M610 6cd player service manual

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the
same thing happens with each disc.
Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

F Murtz writes:

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the
same thing happens with each disc.
Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.

Bad flex cable, dropped lens, dirty spindle motor, decayed rubber grommets,
etc.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the
same thing happens with each disc.
Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.

Bad flex cable, dropped lens, dirty spindle motor, decayed rubber grommets,
etc.

Motor does not attempt to start spinning,Have not checked for voltage at
spindle motor yet, just had quick look so far.
Would feel happier with schematic but the only ones I can find want
money and I am a bit wary of paying for a pig in a poke.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the
same thing happens with each disc.
Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.

Bad flex cable, dropped lens, dirty spindle motor, decayed rubber
grommets,
etc.

Motor does not attempt to start spinning,Have not checked for voltage at
spindle motor yet, just had quick look so far.
Would feel happier with schematic but the only ones I can find want money
and I am a bit wary of paying for a pig in a poke.

All that Sam said seconded. Have you checked that the lens is still in place
? Very common for it to come out and be rolling round in the bottom of the
player somewhere ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the
same thing happens with each disc.
Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.

Bad flex cable, dropped lens, dirty spindle motor, decayed rubber
grommets,
etc.

Motor does not attempt to start spinning,Have not checked for
voltage at spindle motor yet, just had quick look so far.
Would feel happier with schematic but the only ones I can find want
money and I am a bit wary of paying for a pig in a poke.

All that Sam said seconded. Have you checked that the lens is still in
place ? Very common for it to come out and be rolling round in the
bottom of the player somewhere ...

And despite the incredible precision involved in the optical pickup,
gently pushing the lens back in place and securing it with a couple
drops of 5 minute Epoxy often works! DON'T use Superglue!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
"Arfa writes:

"F wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

[...]

It seems the lense is missing,Aparently the owner (friend of a friend)
moved house and then it stopped working,probably shook it loose.I think
it has fallen through the bottom of the case.
Would you still be able to get spares?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
"Arfa writes:

"F wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

[...]

Yes, not at all an uncommon scenario. It's not worth trying to replace the
laser, as they are very expensive, and a bitch to set up. However, all is
not lost ...

Whenever I get one of these in for repair that is missing its lens, and it's
not in the bottom of the player, (two weeks ago was the last time) I replace
it with one culled from a scrap Sony laser - typically a KSS213. If you have
a local repair outfit for hifi equipment, they will have scrap Sony lasers
coming out of their ears, and will be happy to let you have one. The lens
comes out fairly easily, if you just pry at the crack where it joins the
carrier, with a small scalpel blade. Once you have the lens off the carrier,
you need to clean around the lip that was against the carrier, to remove ALL
traces of the cement that held it there. You then need to very carefully
scrape any glue residue from the carrier on the Pioneer head, being sure not
to let any debris fall into the laser. The Sony lens can then be carefully
dropped into the Pioneer carrier. It is *essential* that it lays *absolutely
flat* in the carrier. Once you are happy that it does this, glue it in
place. I know Sam says don't use superglue, and he's right because if used
in excess, the fumes can cloud the lens. Never-the-less, I do use a tiny
tiny amount of superglue, applied to the crack where the lens joins the
carrier with the tip of a sewing needle. You can see the glue wick into the
joint by capillary action.

Once you are happy that the lens is firmly back in place, re-install the
deck, and give it a try. 90% of cases will just play right off. To restore
good playability, it's usually necessary to carry out the standard
adjustment procedure for Pioneers, which requires access to a 'scope, but is
quite straightforward to do.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

F Murtz writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
"Arfa writes:

"F wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

[...]

You sure? It's not that small.

You can't buy just the lens, but there are parts units available
probably from someone here or on eBay.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Samuel M. Goldwasser" wrote in message
F Murtz writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
"Arfa writes:

"F wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
F writes:

[...]

Yeah, they do, Sam. The one I did a couple of weeks back, had disappeared
completely

Arfa