Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Default What semiconductor hides behind code H72P?

So I have an SMD semiconductor - most likely a transistor - in a SOT-223
package marked H72P. Found several lists of SMD semicondector codes on the
net but no H72P. Anyone knows what kind of beast I'm dealing with?

petrsu bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

petrus bitbyter wrote in message
ll.nl...
So I have an SMD semiconductor - most likely a transistor - in a SOT-223
package marked H72P. Found several lists of SMD semicondector codes on the
net but no H72P. Anyone knows what kind of beast I'm dealing with?

petrsu bitbyter

XC6202PH72PB V. reg. can come in a SOT223 package

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

On Feb 10, 1:01*pm, "petrus bitbyter"
wrote:
So I have an SMD semiconductor - most likely a transistor - in a SOT-223
package marked H72P. Found several lists of SMD semicondector codes on the
net but no H72P. Anyone knows what kind of beast I'm dealing with?

petrsu bitbyter

What I do is look for another device just like it elsewhere on the
board. Hopefully there is at least one more. From there, with a dmm
you can find out if it's a transistor, polarity, and whether it has a
resistor internal (digital transistor).
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

"N_Cook" schreef in bericht
petrus bitbyter wrote in message
ll.nl...
So I have an SMD semiconductor - most likely a transistor - in a SOT-223
package marked H72P. Found several lists of SMD semicondector codes on
the
net but no H72P. Anyone knows what kind of beast I'm dealing with?

petrsu bitbyter

XC6202PH72PB V. reg. can come in a SOT223 package

Found that one already but it's definitively not the right one.

Thanks anyway

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

"John-Del" schreef in bericht
wrote:
So I have an SMD semiconductor - most likely a transistor - in a SOT-223
package marked H72P. Found several lists of SMD semicondector codes on the
net but no H72P. Anyone knows what kind of beast I'm dealing with?

petrsu bitbyter

What I do is look for another device just like it elsewhere on the
board. Hopefully there is at least one more. From there, with a dmm
you can find out if it's a transistor, polarity, and whether it has a
resistor internal (digital transistor).

It's a small board and there's only one one transistor with that mark on it.
It seems to drive a 2SD882 medium power transistor as it's middle leg is
connected to the base of that 2SD882. I have no schematic and I don't like
to reverse engineer the whole board especially as I found too many unknown
components on it. Thanks anyway.

petrus bitbyter