Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help.... VCR not seeing the remotes...???

Hi... I have a SONY VCR which is about 10 years old and lately, from
time to time it doesn't respond to the remote controls all the time.
I would say abot 50-50. I am talking about either the remote that
comes with it or the two universals I have.

The last couple of days, it won't respond to any remotes period. I've
tried "reprogramming", fresh batteries etc... to no avail.

What usually causes this. Do the "sensors" on the VCR go bad? I've
tried cleaning it really well and even had the unit unplugged for
awhile today and it still won't work with the remotes.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, I'll just get another one. They are
ceratainly much cheaper than this one which cost me about $200.

Thanks in advance

Melissa