Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Smoke detector testing

We do fire alarm system inspections. To test smoke detectors we use a
spray can which contains an inocuous compound.. When sprayed a few
feet below a smoke detector it emits a mist which temporarily obstucts
the sense chamber in a photoelectic detector and sets it off. The mist
quickly clears and the detector returns to quiescent conditions.
I recently offered to do annual testing for the local church and
synagogue in town as a donation. Both sanctuaries have high cathedral
ceilings. The detectors cannot be reached even from ladders. I have
learned that there is an extention pole assembly with a clamp on the
end to hold the spray can. The basic kit takes you up to 10 feet. Then
you add extention poles after that. The nozzle of the can is operated
by way of a cable or linkage through the hollow fiberglass pole from
below and sprays the can. I don't mind donating my time however buying
the equipment which is needed to reach these detectors in the
sanctuaries in both buildings will cost me over 400.00
I was thinking of trying to adapt something but I'm not sure what. I
was wondering if this has ever come up in any other trade that someone
may know of. Any advice will be most sincerely appreciated. Lenny.

Smoke Detector Camdor UK diy 8 May 18th 10 03:36 PM
Smoke Detector ? nr Home Repair 4 December 4th 07 12:48 AM
smoke detector No Name Home Repair 6 August 13th 07 12:46 AM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM