Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Insignia model NS-DA1902 Five Disc CD Player, Loss of Remote

Hi Peter,

I forgot to mention that I had checked my tree different universal
remotes, but none of them have "Insignia" settings.

John

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:11:32 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:22:22 -0400, wrote:

Hi,

Insignia model NS-DA1902 Five Disc CD Player.

I am a service technician and this CD player (5 disc) does not respond
to remote commands. The battery is good and the remote transmits.

But, you don't know *what* it 'transmitts. Likely garbage.

The
remote receive is fine.

So it receives, but does it interpert the data correctly? Is the data
valid for the device?

I "scoped" the output of the remote receiver and the
pattern is good.

Note: This CD player also plays CDs with MP3 files. There are many
"burned" CDs with albums of MP3 music files that were created for this
player.

Lot's of CD players handle MP3 disks... Most in fact.

MAIN PROBLEM:

There is no way to advance to the next album from any of the front panel
controls (only on the remote). You can skip a "track" (MP3 file), but it
would take some time to get to the album you want to hear.

I was unable to find a schematic or SM for this unit. Do you know where
there is one?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Only one thought: try a universal remote and see if that helps.
Personally I don't see much value in repairing a CD player--just
replace it. Heck, replacement will cost perhaps $39.95, and you'll
have the ability to play DVDs too!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I forgot to mention that I had checked my three different
universal remotes, but none of them have "Insignia" settings.

Insignia products are probably made by a better-known company, and use its
codes. A bit of experimentation might be in order.