Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default is this wattage accurate?

for those who are energy conscious, the energy consumption of these
LCD TVs appear to be not only low but reversed:

Sony Bravia 40 inch KDL-40EX401 --- 170 watts
Sony Bravia 52 inch KDL-52EX701 --- 142 watts

i recently looked at the tags on back of these sets at Sams.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"nucleus" wrote in message
for those who are energy conscious, the energy consumption of these
LCD TVs appear to be not only low but reversed:

Sony Bravia 40 inch KDL-40EX401 --- 170 watts
Sony Bravia 52 inch KDL-52EX701 --- 142 watts

i recently looked at the tags on back of these sets at Sams.

401: Standby mode: 0.19 W
Shop mode: 146 W
Home mode: 110 W

701: Standby mode: 0.16 W
Home mode: 142 W

Note: the 401 model is a standard LCD/Fluorescent backlight, while the 701
model is an LCD/LED backlight, which is more efficient.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
for those who are energy conscious, the energy consumption of these
LCD TVs appear to be not only low but reversed:

Sony Bravia 40 inch KDL-40EX401 --- 170 watts
Sony Bravia 52 inch KDL-52EX701 --- 142 watts

i recently looked at the tags on back of these sets at Sams.

401: Standby mode: 0.19 W
Shop mode: 146 W
Home mode: 110 W

701: Standby mode: 0.16 W
Home mode: 142 W

Note: the 401 model is a standard LCD/Fluorescent backlight, while the 701
model is an LCD/LED backlight, which is more efficient.

That's BS, Where do you get it from Punk?

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Fields" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
for those who are energy conscious, the energy consumption of these
LCD TVs appear to be not only low but reversed:

Sony Bravia 40 inch KDL-40EX401 --- 170 watts
Sony Bravia 52 inch KDL-52EX701 --- 142 watts

i recently looked at the tags on back of these sets at Sams.

401: Standby mode: 0.19 W
Shop mode: 146 W
Home mode: 110 W

701: Standby mode: 0.16 W
Home mode: 142 W

Note: the 401 model is a standard LCD/Fluorescent backlight, while the
701 model is an LCD/LED backlight, which is more efficient.

That's BS, Where do you get it from Punk?

1) What is supposed to be BS? The specs come directly from the Sony website.
Also, it's a fact that LED backlights use ~40% less energy than fluorescent
backlights. Our Sharp Aquos uses only 85-100 watts depending upon scene
brightness.

2) Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
[...]

That response was from a person who is stalking John, not John
himself. However, now you've shown you don't have the ability to
understand that this kind of thing happens, and insulted someone who
would (if he were really replying) have given you good advice.

Learn how to inspect headers, learn that when you are insulted by
someone like that it is often the case that some nutcase is simply
impersonating him/her to get their rocks off. You succeeded in making
the jerk who's impersonating John feel good.

And just looking at numbers without carefully examining the underlying
technology won't answer your question.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
[...]

Brenda, you are being trolled, and the troll is impersonating someone
from another electronics group. The real John Fields is a little rough
around the edges, but a good guy. This group isn't like RARP. There
are a lot of trolls on the sci.electronics.* newsgroups.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
[...]

Understood... and my apologies to the real John Fields.

To PeterD: the apology stands, but reading headers doesn't mean much when
you have not seen the original nym's posts before, and have no point of
reference.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"nucleus" wrote in message
[...]

I am a sub-****. No apologies needed Brenda.

---
JF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:43:14 -0700, "John Fields"

JF

The NNTP-Posting-Host is one major clue (there are many others) and
one quickly sees the differences. For example, when a known good
person starts making replies that are out of character, what we do is
compare a known valid post with the one that is suspect. We
immediately see what's what, and then can quickly eliminate the person
who is trying (poorly) to impersonate us (yes, us, as he has
impersonated me, and about 10 others here...)

But if you are an infrequent user of these groups, I can see where you
can get confused as to who is who. No problem...

An addition to my earlier reply... I'd suggest if you can, use a power
meter (say a Kill-A-Watt device) and measure each unit you are
intersted in. I tend to not trust manufacturer's claims on stuff like
that. Some tend to be way off, and some update and make more effecient
products over time but don't update documentation and labels until
well after the units are in production!

CFL's and wattage [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 26th 08 02:28 PM
Wattage Bobby[_3_] Electronics 13 February 5th 08 10:26 PM
Radiator wattage. DUMBO UK diy 8 January 26th 08 10:14 PM
Fan Wattage Buck Turgidson Electronics Repair 14 June 4th 07 04:09 AM
How to make more accurate/precise machines from less accurate ones? Cliff Metalworking 3 December 17th 05 11:15 PM