Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default is this wattage accurate?

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:43:14 -0700, "John Fields"

JF

The NNTP-Posting-Host is one major clue (there are many others) and
one quickly sees the differences. For example, when a known good
person starts making replies that are out of character, what we do is
compare a known valid post with the one that is suspect. We
immediately see what's what, and then can quickly eliminate the person
who is trying (poorly) to impersonate us (yes, us, as he has
impersonated me, and about 10 others here...)

But if you are an infrequent user of these groups, I can see where you
can get confused as to who is who. No problem...

An addition to my earlier reply... I'd suggest if you can, use a power
meter (say a Kill-A-Watt device) and measure each unit you are
intersted in. I tend to not trust manufacturer's claims on stuff like
that. Some tend to be way off, and some update and make more effecient
products over time but don't update documentation and labels until
well after the units are in production!