Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fender Concert amp

Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may
as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
the 1980s?
say 4uF, 450VDC
marked
012022
235
8346B

1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may
as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
the 1980s?
say 4uF, 450VDC
marked
012022
235
8346B

1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender
amps, change em all.

Ron

Get the free SPAMfighter he http://www.spamfighter.com/len

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ron" wrote in message
On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I
may
as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
the 1980s?
say 4uF, 450VDC
marked
012022
235
8346B

1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender amps,
change em all.

Ron

I reckon that goes for all amps with 12AX7 stages, doesn't it Ron ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:54:00 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
[...]

I repaired an old 50 watt Silvertone a few months ago and found two 100k
plate resistors one in the splitter and one in the reverb driver that had
increased in value by nearly double. The splitter was a 12a-something but
the reverb driver was a 6-something.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On 26/07/2010 17:54, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
[...]

Not sure, I know I`ve changed a lot in Fenders. on the newer models it's
such a lot of parping about getting the board out, it`s easiest to
change the lot.
Modern valve amps are so very noisy anyway, specially fenders - the
don't make em like they used to you know!