Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PowerWare 9110 UPS schematic??

I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan
Finland

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jack wrote in message
I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and

batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan
Finland

A "factory reset" required ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Jack wrote in message
I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and

batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan
Finland

A "factory reset" required ?

How can I do that?

-Jan

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:35:13 +0300, "Jack"
wrote:

I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan
Finland

Do you have a manual for this unit? My PowerWare UPS has a specific
startup sequence that must be followed to power it up. Otherwise it
just charges the batteries and waits.

Also check Eaton's customer support pages. They (Eaton) provide
excellent support, though you may have to register the unit to get
specific answers to your questions.

Also, do you have a computer connected to it (if it supports a
computer interface)? is that giving any info?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with
Google.
I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages or
search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:43:46 +0300, "Jack"
wrote:

No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with
Google.
I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages or
search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

Can you post a picture of the unit?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with
Google.
I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages or
search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

Google returns a number of hits for manuals. This unit seems to be
export only for Asia.

With the unit powered up, press and hold the power on switch/button
for about 5 seconds, and see if that powers it on.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

Just a possible line of thought. I noted that you posted this
enquiry in a range of forums and in one you indicated what the
terminal voltage rose to when the UPS commenced charging the fully
charged batteries.

Which capacity 9110 is it - 700VA/1000VA/???

Did you remove the old/dead batteries? Did they fit the compartment
properly?

The reason I ask is that the 1000VA is a 36V unit apparently, while
the 700VA is reported as 24V by some sources yet 36V in a Chinese
manual. Clearly putting a 24V bank into a 36V unit would result in
some kind of complaint, and what you are seeing is a likely behaviour.
Can you measure the unit's charging voltage on open circuit (or on the
dead batteries)?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with
Google.
I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages
or
search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

Google returns a number of hits for manuals. This unit seems to be
export only for Asia.

With the unit powered up, press and hold the power on switch/button
for about 5 seconds, and see if that powers it on.

Found the problem!

Someone (probably when cleaning the unit) had flipped the flat cable running
to the control panel 180 deg.!
Another words, no.1 pin was not no.1. pin anymore! The flat cable connector
is keyed in one end, but not in the control panel end. I flipped the cable
around and now it works fine.

Thanks for everyone that gave their help!

-Jan

Here are schematic Junker gas-burning heating installation. [1/1] - "Junker gas burning schematic.zip" yEnc (1/4) johan[_2_] Electronic Schematics 3 September 26th 07 07:01 PM
schematic Vince Electronics Repair 3 March 22nd 07 07:28 AM
Req: Need schematic or source to get a schematic for a Bryant 588 gaspack Home Repair 0 October 17th 06 01:16 AM
Schematic for car amp dude Electronics Repair 0 January 16th 04 01:19 PM
Schematic for NAD 306 Tim Electronics Repair 0 October 29th 03 10:14 PM