Posted to sci.electronics.repair
who where who where is offline

Default PowerWare 9110 UPS schematic??

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:35:13 +0300, "Jack"
wrote:

I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

Just a possible line of thought. I noted that you posted this
enquiry in a range of forums and in one you indicated what the
terminal voltage rose to when the UPS commenced charging the fully
charged batteries.

Which capacity 9110 is it - 700VA/1000VA/???

Did you remove the old/dead batteries? Did they fit the compartment
properly?

The reason I ask is that the 1000VA is a 36V unit apparently, while
the 700VA is reported as 24V by some sources yet 36V in a Chinese
manual. Clearly putting a 24V bank into a 36V unit would result in
some kind of complaint, and what you are seeing is a likely behaviour.
Can you measure the unit's charging voltage on open circuit (or on the
dead batteries)?