Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1394 Connectors

Hello all...

I recently came across an old Orange Micro combination USB 2.0 and
1394A ("Firewire 400") PCI expansion card. The outboard 1394
connectors were heavily corroded and have so far proven unfixable. An
undamaged internal 1394 connector shows the circuitry to be
functional.

I would like to replace them. The part to use seems to be Molex #
0534600629.

I have looked in a lot of places to try and find these available for
sale. I do not know what a compatible, differently branded connector
would be called (haven't researched it). But I cannot find anyone
selling these in reasonable quantities or actually having them in
stock. Short of trying to scam a few samples out of Molex (which I'd
feel bad about) I don't know what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Likewise, if you
have a junked Firewire card sitting around with some of these
connectors on it... (I am located in the US. Don't reply to the
indicated e-mail address. It does not work.)

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 10, 6:53*am, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hello all...

I recently came across an old Orange Micro combination USB 2.0 and
1394A ("Firewire 400") PCI expansion card. The outboard 1394
connectors were heavily corroded ...
I would like to replace them. The part to use seems to be Molex #
0534600629.

Welcome to the wonderful world of part numbering systems. That
part number is likely to be a dead-end.

What you need is a vertical through-hole connector, IEEE-1394
DigiKey has some in stock

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?
Detail&name=AE9922-ND

that might prove useful.