Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Horizontal sync problem with Sony E500 monitor

isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...e-in-Green-Bay

Three convicted sex offenders have received permission to live in Green
Bay, and two others have been denied.

The Green Bay Sex Offender Residence Board considered all five cases
last week.

The city has an ordinance making it virtually impossible for registered
sex offenders to live in its borders, but the board can approve appeals.

Chester Kusiak Jr., 51, who is currently in prison in Racine, received
approval to move into the state Transitional Living Program, 1761
Shawano Ave.

Kusiak was convicted in 2001 and again in 2003 of sexually assaulting
children one boy and one girl. He said he abused both children
multiple times over a period of three years.

Board member Dean Gerondale said he preferred seeing Kusiak under state
supervision at the Transitional Living Program rather than living
somewhere else unsupervised.

Lawrence Morella, 29, who was convicted in 2000 of sexually assaulting a
13-year-old girl, received approval to move to an apartment at 1321 S.
Broadway.

Morella told the board he hoped to live temporarily with a brother on
Broadway until he finds work and can support himself.

Board members expressed reservations because, they said, four other
registered sex offenders live in the area. But they approved Morella's
request when he agreed to find other housing within 90 days.

William Lasecki, 29, who was convicted in 2000 of sexually assaulting a
14-year-old girl, received approval to live at 1866 Burns Ave., also
with a brother.

Lasecki, who has health problems and receives disability benefits, said
he was trying to become more independent.

"I want to keep moving forward," he said.

Among those whose appeals were denied was Brian James Weaver, 28, who
was convicted in 2002 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.

Weaver is currently in prison in Milwaukee, and he wanted to live at the
Transitional Living Program on Shawano Avenue while trying to open a new
restaurant here.

The board also turned down Barry Watters, 22, who was convicted in 2007
of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.

Watters told the board he was drifting because his mother's landlord
ordered him off the property. He said he was struggling to find a job,
and he could not get a state identification card because he has no copy
of his birth certificate.

Board members expressed disappointment that Watters had not made more
progress getting his life together since his last housing appeal.

"It's kind of hard," he said, "when your support system basically falls
apart and you don't have a place to live."

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
If this is a cap problem...

Good luck!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:28:38 -0700, powerampfreak ǝʇoɹʍ:

On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time. When you find the
problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably) If this is a cap
problem...

Good luck!

Odd. I've found the exact opposite with electrolytic caps in that they
tend to work better when warmer (up to a point however.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:
On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
If this is a cap problem...

Good luck!

I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage
it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:38:25 -0700, Sofa Slug
wrote:

powerampfreak wrote:
On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
If this is a cap problem...

Good luck!

I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage
it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I've used freeze spray on electrolytics for 40 years. Never had a
recall for electrolytic damage. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Chuck wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:38:25 -0700, Sofa Slug
wrote:

snipped

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time.
When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably)
If this is a cap problem...

I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage
it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I've used freeze spray on electrolytics for 40 years. Never had a
recall for electrolytic damage. Chuck

OK...Good to know. Thanks,
-S
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 13 jun, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

check for poor soldering on the main pcb. Also I had to change the b+
caps in the feed to the line output stage on my E200, they were
swollen, could be similar here as this poro regulation causes all sort
of weird faults.
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:55:30 -0700, isw put finger
to keyboard and composed:

After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

CPD-E500/E500E service manual:
http://esi.sony.ca/esupport/esupport.../997966701.pdf

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download..._CPD-E500.html

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:55:30 -0700, isw put finger
to keyboard and composed:

After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

CPD-E500/E500E service manual:
http://esi.sony.ca/esupport/esupport.../042000/thiscd
/sm-e/dp/997966701.pdf

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download..._CPD-E500.html