Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Horizontal sync problem with Sony E500 monitor

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:28:38 -0700, powerampfreak ǝʇoɹʍ:

On 13 Juni, 20:55, isw wrote:
After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left,
and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools
down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time. When you find the
problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably) If this is a cap
problem...

Good luck!

Odd. I've found the exact opposite with electrolytic caps in that they
tend to work better when warmer (up to a point however.)