Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Newsgroup spammer hunted down...

A raging mob of s.e.r. computer geeks tracked down and destroyed the
credit ratings of a notorious newsgroup spammer recently.

The spammer may not even be aware of the attack as it is likely to show
up in ways unexpected. However they left such an easy trail in their
postings that even a neophyte could track 'em.

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

John ;-#)#

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/11/2010 10:57 AM John Robertson spake thus:

A raging mob of s.e.r. computer geeks tracked down and destroyed the
credit ratings of a notorious newsgroup spammer recently.

The spammer may not even be aware of the attack as it is likely to show
up in ways unexpected. However they left such an easy trail in their
postings that even a neophyte could track 'em.

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

If only.

More on-topic question: how is it that the above URL gets redirected to
"Look-up-results" (aka Yahoo!) when clicked upon? WTF?!?!?

http://www2.look-up-results.com/sear...9_a Ra-4G62FT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/11/2010 10:57 AM John Robertson spake thus:

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

If only.

More on-topic question: how is it that the above URL gets redirected to
"Look-up-results" (aka Yahoo!) when clicked upon? WTF?!?!?

http://www2.look-up-results.com/sear...9_a Ra-4G62FT

You must be using Yahoo as your search engine on your browser or news
reader. When I click on the invented link it just pops up "Can't find
it" type of message on FireFox...

John :-#)#
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/11/2010 12:02 PM John Robertson spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/11/2010 10:57 AM John Robertson spake thus:

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

If only.

More on-topic question: how is it that the above URL gets redirected to
"Look-up-results" (aka Yahoo!) when clicked upon? WTF?!?!?

http://www2.look-up-results.com/sear...9_a Ra-4G62FT

You must be using Yahoo as your search engine on your browser or news
reader. When I click on the invented link it just pops up "Can't find
it" type of message on FireFox...

Well, that's the odd thing: I don't use Yahoo! for anything (not that I
know of, anyhow), and yet it's somehow linked via my browser. Goddamned
Firefox: probably some default configuration setting, buried in one
a'them about:config settings somewhere ...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/11/2010 10:57 AM John Robertson spake thus:

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

If only.

More on-topic question: how is it that the above URL gets redirected to
"Look-up-results" (aka Yahoo!) when clicked upon? WTF?!?!?

http://www2.look-up-results.com/sear...9_a Ra-4G62FT

You must be using Yahoo as your search engine on your browser or news
reader. When I click on the invented link it just pops up "Can't find
it" type of message on FireFox...

Well, that's the odd thing: I don't use Yahoo! for anything (not that I
know of, anyhow), and yet it's somehow linked via my browser. Goddamned
Firefox: probably some default configuration setting, buried in one
a'them about:config settings somewhere ...

Firefox is linked (strategically) to Google, not Yahoo...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/11/2010 10:57 AM John Robertson spake thus:

Details on the evening news @ http://www.youareaspamtwit04fools.com

If only.

More on-topic question: how is it that the above URL gets redirected to
"Look-up-results" (aka Yahoo!) when clicked upon? WTF?!?!?

http://www2.look-up-results.com/sear...9_a Ra-4G62FT

You must be using Yahoo as your search engine on your browser or news
reader. When I click on the invented link it just pops up "Can't find
it" type of message on FireFox...

Well, that's the odd thing: I don't use Yahoo! for anything (not that I
know of, anyhow), and yet it's somehow linked via my browser. Goddamned
Firefox: probably some default configuration setting, buried in one
a'them about:config settings somewhere ...

Firefox is linked (strategically) to Google, not Yahoo...

Really? Then why did I have to wander all through a local business
to change the default search engine from Yahoo to Google on every
install of Firefox?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/12/2010 5:05 AM PeterD spake thus:

Firefox is linked (strategically) to Google, not Yahoo...

So may be you, or someone else, can help me here. Using about:config, I
see the following configuration items that have "yahoo" in them:

browser.search.order.Yahoo:
chrome://branding/content/searchconfig.properties
browser.search.order.Yahoo.1:
chrome://branding/content/searchconfig.properties
browser.search.order.Yahoo.2:
chrome://branding/content/searchconfig.properties
browser.search.param.yahoo-f-CN:
D3_g
browser.search.param.yahoo-fr:
moz2
browser.search.param.yahoo-fr-cjkt:
moz2

I don't really know what these "preferences" mean or what the values
mean. Is there some way I can tweak my configuration items so that
Yahoo! is no longer my default *anything*?

The spammer SQLit Home Repair 5 August 8th 05 12:33 AM
Thanks to this spammer Tom Dacon Metalworking 10 August 3rd 05 10:34 PM
Hunters and the Hunted on the Arizona Border Cliff Metalworking 4 April 22nd 05 07:05 PM
SPAMMER Tom Storey Woodturning 2 November 23rd 04 03:07 AM