Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Duracell dumbness

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing technicians working
in wind towers. They're using what are said to be "high-voltage" meters, but
which appear to be clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/ batteries.

Hello? If I need an electronic device to keep me safe, the /last/ thing I
want powering it is rechargeable batteries. Rechargeables can poop out when
you most need them. Alkaline primaries decline slowly, so I can easily see
when they're near the end, and replace them in good time.

* The company long ago changed its name to Duracell, but it will always be
Mallory to me, just as their competitor will always be Eveready. (Or Union
Carbide, for that matter.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing technicians working
in wind towers. They're using what are said to be "high-voltage" meters, but
which appear to be clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/ batteries.

ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they add to the
meters in the commercial too?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing
technicians working in wind towers. They're using what are
said to be "high-voltage" meters, but which appear to be
clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/
batteries.

Ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they
add to the meters in the commercial, too?

Anything to hype the product, right?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing
technicians working in wind towers. They're using what are
said to be "high-voltage" meters, but which appear to be
clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/
batteries.

Ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they
add to the meters in the commercial, too?

Anything to hype the product, right?

it still will not get me to buy those leaky Duracells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing
technicians working in wind towers. They're using what are
said to be "high-voltage" meters, but which appear to be
clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/
batteries.

Ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they
add to the meters in the commercial, too?

Anything to hype the product, right?

It still will not get me to buy those leaky Duracells.

Duracells are the only alkalines I've ever had leak. Eveready and Toshiba
never have.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing
technicians working in wind towers. They're using what are
said to be "high-voltage" meters, but which appear to be
clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/
batteries.

Ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they
add to the meters in the commercial, too?

Anything to hype the product, right?

It still will not get me to buy those leaky Duracells.

Duracells are the only alkalines I've ever had leak. Eveready and Toshiba
never have.

don't buy those Harbor Freight "Thunderbolt" alkalines;
they are the WORST leakers I've ever seen.
Half the box leaked -in the box- before I ever got to use them. Within
months of purchase.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik