Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Duracell dumbness

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

Mallory * has been running a Duracell commercial showing
technicians working in wind towers. They're using what are
said to be "high-voltage" meters, but which appear to be
clamp-on ammeters. We're told these meters "keep them
safe", and they therefore rely on Duracell /rechargeable/
batteries.

Ha, do you like the klaxon noise and danger graphics they
add to the meters in the commercial, too?

Anything to hype the product, right?

It still will not get me to buy those leaky Duracells.

Duracells are the only alkalines I've ever had leak. Eveready and Toshiba
never have.

don't buy those Harbor Freight "Thunderbolt" alkalines;
they are the WORST leakers I've ever seen.
Half the box leaked -in the box- before I ever got to use them. Within
months of purchase.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik