Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repairing JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS

Hello,

I have a JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS machine that I would like to repair. The
machine makes a strange whirring sound (i.e. tape loading sound, it
seems like it will load a tape, but does not complete the loading)
will not accept tapes, and the eject mechanism (the metal frame that
holds the tape) has come apart.

Where can I get good replacement parts? Someone recommended Andrews
Electronics a while back, but any other parts suppliers that you might
recommend?

Is it possible to replace the eject frame itself, and what part should
I be asking for?

Any info. is greatly appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Solo wrote in message
Hello,

I have a JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS machine that I would like to repair. The
machine makes a strange whirring sound (i.e. tape loading sound, it
seems like it will load a tape, but does not complete the loading)
will not accept tapes, and the eject mechanism (the metal frame that
holds the tape) has come apart.

Where can I get good replacement parts? Someone recommended Andrews
Electronics a while back, but any other parts suppliers that you might
recommend?

Is it possible to replace the eject frame itself, and what part should
I be asking for?

Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Cracked/slipping plastic pulley on metal motor shaft?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Successfully mounted the eject frame back into the eject mechanism
(The top part with the latches that holds the tape down) -- Problem is
that the right side, which is made of plastic, has worn out which
makes it difficult to hold it together.

There is a part that is attached to the plastic, on the right side :
A metal part, with a launch coil spring beneath, the kind that you can
wind back, and release forward: This works, but seems to come apart
every time when inserting a tape.

Also, a caterpillar spring, with a hook on the top, and a loop on the
bottom, came out of the right side of the eject mechanism plastic,
would like to put it back in the right place.

Another part, a thin, rectangular metallic wafer, also fell out of the
bottom.

I think I can get this machine to work -- Any suggestions?

On Apr 6, 6:26*pm, Solo wrote:
Looks like the plastic part on the right broke, after I installed it
back into the machine *-- JVC should make these parts available to
buy.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Solo wrote:
Successfully mounted the eject frame back into the eject mechanism
(The top part with the latches that holds the tape down) -- Problem is
that the right side, which is made of plastic, has worn out which
makes it difficult to hold it together.

There is a part that is attached to the plastic, on the right side :
A metal part, with a launch coil spring beneath, the kind that you can
wind back, and release forward: This works, but seems to come apart
every time when inserting a tape.

Also, a caterpillar spring, with a hook on the top, and a loop on the
bottom, came out of the right side of the eject mechanism plastic,
would like to put it back in the right place.

Another part, a thin, rectangular metallic wafer, also fell out of the
bottom.

I think I can get this machine to work -- Any suggestions?

If you could take a photo of the broken parts/mechanism and post a link
to it, I think it would be easier for people to assist you. A visual aid
is always best
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Will post photos: I have the original schematic/diagram which lists
every part, but it is a .pdf, will have to find a server to post or I
can e-mail it to you.

In the meantime, the parts in question are as follows:

The right side holder (LP-10082-002M) seems to be worn out, and a
tension spring which is attached to the top guide, came out. I put
this back in today, but the side holder, needs to be replaced. The
cassette holder was bent, managed to fix this.

Will get the new parts, and see if they work, will post.

On Apr 8, 2:49*pm, Sofa Slug wrote:
Solo wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Solo wrote:
[...]

Probably other combinations work but you can certainly highlight and copy
images in pdf on Foxit pdf reader and view/save as jpg etc in Irfanview
graphics package
While at it "Easy pdf" for pdf to plain text conversion

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm

Repairing JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 June 15th 08 11:18 PM
Need help repairing TV [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 June 13th 06 08:14 AM
FRS repairing. user Electronics Repair 4 August 27th 04 02:06 AM
Repairing a CD RW Jose Capco Electronics Repair 1 August 13th 04 01:05 AM
Repairing a CD RW Jose Capco Electronics Repair 3 August 12th 04 05:34 PM