Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Update: 3.3V vs. 3V dilemma

To bring this little saga to a close, I built a little AC adapter for my
Fuji Finepix digicam: brought in 5 volts from a little Samsung wall
wart, put the regulator and an electrolytic cap in a film can on a
little piece of perfboard, and brought the power out to a 2.5mm power
mini jack.

The long and short of it is, the camera doesn't work on this supply. It
puts out 3.25 volts alright, even when plugged into the camera, but the
camera just sits there and does nothing. My suspicion is that the power
jack is just not quite the right size to make contact (or else there's
something screwed up inside the camera that makes it not accept external
power, which seems unlikely).

So I'll probably bite the bullet and shell out a little $ to buy the AC
adapter made for this camera (found one on the internets for about $12).

The camera itself (bought for $1 at Oakland's White Elephant sale) works
like a charm; just got the USB cable for it today ($4.75).

- a Usenet "apology"

Electrical dilemma kev007 UK diy 43 August 28th 07 11:34 PM
A workholding dilemma Prometheus Woodturning 23 June 26th 07 09:27 AM
NTL TV Dilemma Paul Andrews UK diy 30 October 24th 06 02:29 AM
Damp Dilemma Ed_Zep UK diy 36 May 24th 06 07:46 PM
3-way dimmer dilemma HELP! WirelessNut Home Repair 10 February 22nd 06 12:31 PM