Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default iLO - 3200 32 in. LCD Television problems

Had one of these come in for repair-- looked like it was already in
another shop. The common problem: loss of function control, remote
and on-set buttons. Stuck forever on one source, ect. I see the
failure is commonly remedied by replacing the mainboard, but why are
so many of these sets failing? Is it chip related, as in processor or
memory, firmware corruption, SMPS related? I know the qualtiy of iLO/
Funai isn't stellar, but this failure is a bit too common for too many
customers. I'm just wondering if anyone has a clue, closer to
component level, of what fails in these sets.

-Dan