Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default iLO - 3200 32 in. LCD Television problems

A common fault is the main processor, or in the I/O circuits that work
with the main communications buss. That is why the board is replaced.
It would not be feasible to service at the component level.

Jerry G.

_________________

On Mar 2, 9:16*pm, uptimod wrote:
Had one of these come in for repair-- looked like it was already in
another shop. *The common problem: loss of function control, remote
and on-set buttons. *Stuck forever on one source, ect. *I see the
failure is commonly remedied by replacing the mainboard, but why are
so many of these sets failing? *Is it chip related, as in processor or
memory, firmware corruption, SMPS related? *I know the qualtiy of iLO/
Funai isn't stellar, but this failure is a bit too common for too many
customers. *I'm just wondering if anyone has a clue, closer to
component level, of what fails in these sets.

-Dan