Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

On 2/14/2010 8:14 PM, RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
On 2/10/2010 12:29 PM, DaveC wrote:
I used to own a pair of flush cutters where the jaws and the handles
met at
about a 45-degree angle. Made for a nice tool for getting in between
components when you needed to nip something off flush with the PCB.

I think they were Xcelite.

I can't find anything like those Xcelites anymore. Everything is either
straight (no angle between the jaws and handles) or maybe a slight angle.

Anyone know of a good cutter that has a 45-degree angle? Flush-cut
desirable
but not critical. A 1/2" (12 mm) jaw opening would be nice, though.

Thanks,
Dave

I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am
not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced
and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters
look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!

I guess the $6 at Skycrafters was well spent given the furor being
raised over US industry buying these Commie Rolls Royce tools versus
buying puke smelling Xcelite junk. Nothin' like the smell of Xcelite in
the morning to go with your coffee!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:

On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

Mold is eating the plastic.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:54:58 -0500, RFI-EMI-GUY
wrote:

On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:
Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

Cellulose Acetate Butyrate.
http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=384
It's mildly aromatic forming Butyric Acid, which is what makes rancid
butter and vomit smell so disgusting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
Old Sears Craftsman handles are made from the same stuff. My ancient
Xcelite nut driver set still reeks after about 40 years. The stuff is
an organic fatty acid as my plastic handles have now accumulated a
layer of white mold or fungus. You can use any chlorinated
hydrocarbon solvent to clean the plastic, but that will draw out the
Butyric Acid, resulting in even a worse smell.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:14:38 -0500, RFI-EMI-GUY
wrote:

[...]

Does that say something about you, or are you saying that the other
members of your family were never properly educated on tool care? :-)
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

Cause their polymer formulation sucks compared to that which
Sears uses.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 14, 9:54*pm, RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo *;-P

I never posted the puke comment.
Has a cowardly sporger been putting words in my mouth?

I see that the original header from RFI-EMI-GUY's
message shows some info about the message
being replied to.

It looks like some coward is using eternal-september
to sporge me.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Greegor wrote:

On Feb 14, 9:54 pm, RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

I never posted the puke comment.
Has a cowardly sporger been putting words in my mouth?

I see that the original header from RFI-EMI-GUY's
message shows some info about the message
being replied to.

It looks like some coward is using eternal-september
to sporge me.

Learn to read. He deleted all the text from your post, but left the
header information. Typical of some careless posters.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article om,
RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am
not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced
and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters
look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!

Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters. But obviously
smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic
cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type
will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:02:09 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article om,
RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am
not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced
and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters
look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!

Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters.

Nice try, troll.

But obviously
smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic
cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type
will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.

There are no cutters that should be used on ANY ****ing steel wire,
much less nails.

Your ****ing name fits, Plowtard.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters.

Nice try, troll.

But obviously
smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic
cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type
will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.

There are no cutters that should be used on ANY ****ing steel wire,
much less nails.

If like you, they're bought from the pound shop, yes.

A test for *any* decent cutter is piano wire. Properly hardened jaws won't
be damaged by this.

Your ****ing name fits, Plowtard.

Very witty. From one who hides behind a pseudonym.

--
weapon of math disruption*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:16:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

A test for *any* decent cutter is piano wire. Properly hardened jaws won't
be damaged by this.

You are an idiot, and a troll.

Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no
nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters
and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear
cutter is used.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
A test for *any* decent cutter is piano wire. Properly hardened jaws
won't be damaged by this.

You are an idiot, and a troll.

Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no
nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters
and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear
cutter is used.

Try learning something about tools. It's a standard test to check the
quality of side cutter jaws. There is no difference in principle between
cutting any sort of wire.

If your favourite brand fails this go get a decent one.

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:15:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
A test for *any* decent cutter is piano wire. Properly hardened jaws
won't be damaged by this.

You are an idiot, and a troll.

Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no
nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters
and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear
cutter is used.

Try learning something about tools. It's a standard test to check the
quality of side cutter jaws. There is no difference in principle between
cutting any sort of wire.

You're an idiot. There is a HUGE difference between pincer type
cutting and shear cutting and both are used in the industry, dingledorf.

If your favourite brand fails this go get a decent one.

Wrong. It is the standard "destructive" analysis. There are other
methods for testing the hardness without damaging the cutting face.

Also, they are not all tested that way. There are softer materials used
for lighter duty work media, and they get tested differently.

As far as "what any cutter can do..." goes, the construction of the
cutter determines its correct usage limits. regardless of any cutting
edge hardness tests that may or may not have been specified or performed.
Not only do the edges have to have specific hardness ratings, but the
meat of the cutter jaws have to be designed heavy enough to be able to
withstand the forces a given size and type of wire proposed to be cut by
it, as well as the shock wave that traverses through the jaws at the
moment the wire snaps and the cutting edge 'mating faces' close together.

THAT is for pincer type "cutters". Shear type is a different test
standard. Not that you would know about such things.

I know more about tools than you ever will.

The FEA analysis on your skull comes back with a reading of "Hollow
structure found... Analysis halted" Even the phrenologist nearly
vomited.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think the concept of returning tools to the toolbox and using proper
tools for the job is lost on certain other members of the family. I have
given up training them.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 2/15/2010 12:39 AM, Greegor wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:54 pm, wrote:
On 2/12/2010 6:41 AM, Greegor wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Xcelite nut drivers smell like puke?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

I never posted the puke comment.
Has a cowardly sporger been putting words in my mouth?

I see that the original header from RFI-EMI-GUY's
message shows some info about the message
being replied to.

It looks like some coward is using eternal-september
to sporge me.

Sorry; I meant to snip out your message properly but didn't have proper
tool!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

life imitates life wrote:

Yawn. You were talking about leaving a charged electrolytic for the
guy that was in your toolbox and how the company wouldn't do anything to
you.

No. I was talking about doing it because the company I worked for then
would not do anything to HIM for his deeds, you dopey ditz.

So you become judge, jury and execuctioner?

That can be considered assult.

Only if it is witnessed. One **** deed deserves another in such cases.

Every one of your deeds is ****. By your logic it would be ok for
one of your victims to kill you, as long as no one sees it.

His **** deed went unpunished, so me letting him get zapped was bad,
but not nearly as bad as his compromise.

What compromise? You're a vindictive jackass. You sghould have kept
your toolbox locked if you didn't want people messing with it.

You're just too stupid to realise
it.

You're too goddamned stupid to realize that there is a whole world of
folks out here that know MORE than you do about human nature, you stupid
twit. Hell, you can't even spell the word right!

Yawn. What you know about human nature isn't worth knowing.

Setting any booby trap can get you arrested.

No. Setting a trap that does harm to someone is illegal.

In other words, as long as no one catches you, it's ok to do whatever
the hell you please.

The irony would be
that a boob would be trying to set the trap.

That's impossible since the boob in this thread is you.

Yawn. If you could be subdivded, there would be enough to give
10,000 bimbos G cups.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article om,
RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am
not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced
and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters
look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!

Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters. But obviously
smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic
cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type
will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.

A small pair of bolt cutters would be better for nails. Especially
cut nails, made for masonry work.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

A test for *any* decent cutter is piano wire. Properly hardened jaws won't
be damaged by this.

You are an idiot, and a troll.

Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no
nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters
and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear
cutter is used.

Do they use a block shear to cut your hair, blockhead?

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:15:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

What compromise? You're a vindictive jackass. You sghould have kept
your toolbox locked if you didn't want people messing with it.

It was *my* prototype parts cabinets, and **** you, and the horse that
rode in up your mother's ass.

I was the eight year tenured engineering tech, and he was the newly
hired, no HV experience whatsoever test tech, *at best*.

He had no business anywhere near ANY of my things, including my desk or
ANYTHING that was in MY LAB, including my benches, cabinets, desk,
computer, etc. etc. etc. He had no business there, which was not even
where he was assigned to work from to begin with. NONE of my things
needed to be locked up before the little zit faced ******* showed up, so
they should have **** canned him as soon as I declared the severe ethics
breech and character flaw.

You're a dopey ******* if you think every company has enclosed labs for
everyone. Like I originally stated, I caught him as I came downstairs
because I had to traverse the balcony area to get to the staircase. It
is a wide open lab from several pathways. Never a problem until the guy
that apparently acts just like you would got hired.

**** you, and him.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

I'm not playing this game, but you're entirely incorrect that there are no
hand tool cutters that are capable of, or intended to withstand the cutting
forces of steel.

Cotter pins, safety lockwire, steel fence wire and various other steel wire
products are routinely cut with hand tool diagonal cutters or wire cutters
that are not specifically made for copper or aluminum only.
Many quality wiring pliers/crimpers/strippers include screw cutters, that
cut steel screws without any damage to the tool.

The cutters don't have to be big Channelock, Klein or other industrial duty
models.
I have miniature cutters that I've cut steel wire with for many years
without damage, and have also been used to cut small springs. The cutting
edges are unharmed.

My Channelock side cutters and several other wire cutters I own have cut
lots of nails, been used to pull nails and large steel staples, even at the
tips of the cutting edges, without damage to the tools.
I don't try to cut drywall screws with them, or twist drills, or endmills.
They still cut stranded or solid copper wire and cables just fine, and nylon
cord or steel coat hanger wire or any other materials that I need them to
cut, essentially like they were still new.

The only attention that these cutters and pliers have needed in many years
of use, is an occasional 1 or 2 drops of oil at the hinge, and proper
storage.

There's no need, or point for any typical hostile anarchist replies. I don't
play these games.

--
Cheers,
WB

There are no cutters that should be used on ANY ****ing steel wire,
much less nails.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Wild_Bill wrote:
My Channelock side cutters and several other wire cutters I own have cut
lots of nails, been used to pull nails and large steel staples, even at
the tips of the cutting edges, without damage to the tools. I don't try
to cut drywall screws with them, or twist drills, or endmills. They
still cut stranded or solid copper wire and cables just fine, and nylon
cord or steel coat hanger wire or any other materials that I need them
to cut, essentially like they were still new.

The only attention that these cutters and pliers have needed in many
years of use, is an occasional 1 or 2 drops of oil at the hinge, and
proper storage.

There's no need, or point for any typical hostile anarchist replies. I
don't play these games.

Shear type cutters would have to be vastly heavier to cut wire etc - they
have a tendency to spring open when doing this. Bolt cutters are simply a
heavy duty version of side cutters.

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:13:30 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Cotter pins, safety lockwire, steel fence wire and various other steel wire
products are routinely cut with hand tool diagonal cutters or wire cutters
that are not specifically made for copper or aluminum only.
Many quality wiring pliers/crimpers/strippers include screw cutters, that
cut steel screws without any damage to the tool.

I have a pair of twister pliers for lock wire. They are not actually
meant to be use to CUT the wire either, even though they have side
cutters incorporated into them. Any monkey knows how to flex fracture
wire that uses a medium that work hardens. That is the right way to
"cut" lock wire. In fact, one is supposed to use the side cutter to
simply score the wire a bit, and then the number of flexes is reduced to
just a few.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:06:01 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

A shear cutter for wire looks NOTHING like the shear cutter in your
tiny brain, boy. You refer to a sheet metal shear. You are a stupid
little twit. Shear cutter for wire is like the little screw cutter in
the all purpose wire stripper/crimper/cutter tool you should be aware of.

Alas, you should also be aware of what the shear operation is. The
fact that you obviously envisioned that I was referring to a pair of
scissors tell us that you have very little grasp of the mechanics, much
less the tools being used in the industry.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 16, 7:13 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
WB [...] There's no need, or point for any typical
WB hostile anarchist replies. I don't play these games.

That's an interesting take on this "life imitates life" nym shifter.
It would explain the "Always Wrong" moniker though!

I wonder if in real life he's really the
angry radicalized sociopathic misfit
he appears to be on usenet...

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Shear type cutters would have to be vastly heavier to cut wire etc -
they have a tendency to spring open when doing this. Bolt cutters are
simply a heavy duty version of side cutters.

A shear cutter for wire looks NOTHING like the shear cutter in your
tiny brain, boy. You refer to a sheet metal shear. You are a stupid
little twit. Shear cutter for wire is like the little screw cutter in
the all purpose wire stripper/crimper/cutter tool you should be aware of.

Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound shop.

Alas, you should also be aware of what the shear operation is. The
fact that you obviously envisioned that I was referring to a pair of
scissors tell us that you have very little grasp of the mechanics, much
less the tools being used in the industry.

Have you moved on to production now? Different ball game.

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:29:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound shop.

It was an example of the mechanism, dip****. It has nothing to do with
the tool suggested to examine for a dippy twit like you to understand the
concept by.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

You're till a homo, I see, dimbulb.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, dumb****. I never was, so you never "saw" a goddamned thing, not
that your retarded genes ever could.

**** off, you little sub-human scumbag. I hope your jaw kills you...
soon.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

right, I have here a pair of wirecutters made by Belzer (Titan2000) which I
bought in '86. Sill perfect with a small spring that keeps the cut wires
from flying into your eyes.
ciao Ban

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound
shop.

It was an example of the mechanism, dip****. It has nothing to do with
the tool suggested to examine for a dippy twit like you to understand the
concept by.

Think you're the one who needs to understand basic engineering principles.
And actually get some hands on experience before spouting your rubbish.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
I have a pair of twister pliers for lock wire. They are not actually
meant to be use to CUT the wire either, even though they have side
cutters incorporated into them. Any monkey knows how to flex fracture
wire that uses a medium that work hardens. That is the right way to
"cut" lock wire. In fact, one is supposed to use the side cutter to
simply score the wire a bit, and then the number of flexes is reduced to
just a few.

Lock wire is soft steel. If you have pliers not able to cut that, put them
back in the kid's play box where they came from.

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:48:10 +0100, "Ban" wrote:

Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

Yes, but would you ever use them to cut piano wire?

I rest my case.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:41:45 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound
shop.

It was an example of the mechanism, dip****. It has nothing to do with
the tool suggested to examine for a dippy twit like you to understand the
concept by.

Think you're the one who needs to understand basic engineering principles.
And actually get some hands on experience before spouting your rubbish.

No, you taking the suggestion to examine a multi use tool for the shear
action of the bolt cutters they have, and claiming some stupidity about
how cheap such a tool usually is, is what I was talking about, you
****ing idiot.. Since you are such an utter ****ing dope, I thought I
would use an easy example for you. You missed the entire premise.

You missed all of it. Particularly since you think that flush cutting
side cutters were ever made for cutting piano wire. You are pathetic.
You know NOTHING about tools whatsoever. Your remarks in this thread
alone proves that fact.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:44:56 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
I have a pair of twister pliers for lock wire. They are not actually
meant to be use to CUT the wire either, even though they have side
cutters incorporated into them. Any monkey knows how to flex fracture
wire that uses a medium that work hardens. That is the right way to
"cut" lock wire. In fact, one is supposed to use the side cutter to
simply score the wire a bit, and then the number of flexes is reduced to
just a few.

Lock wire is soft steel. If you have pliers not able to cut that, put them
back in the kid's play box where they came from.

Lock wire is NOT "soft steel" you complete and utter retard. It is a
very specialized, high tensile strength wire. Soft steel does not get
made into wire AT ALL.

You really are one stupid ****tard.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Think you're the one who needs to understand basic engineering principles.
And actually get some hands on experience before spouting your rubbish.

No, you taking the suggestion to examine a multi use tool for the shear
action of the bolt cutters they have, and claiming some stupidity about
how cheap such a tool usually is, is what I was talking about, you
****ing idiot.. Since you are such an utter ****ing dope, I thought I
would use an easy example for you. You missed the entire premise.

Bolt cutters are the same in principle as side cutters. Do you know
anything about tools?

You missed all of it. Particularly since you think that flush cutting
side cutters were ever made for cutting piano wire. You are pathetic.
You know NOTHING about tools whatsoever. Your remarks in this thread
alone proves that fact.

And you've just proved any information you have comes from Google. Not
from hands on experience.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Lock wire is NOT "soft steel" you complete and utter retard. It is a
very specialized, high tensile strength wire. Soft steel does not get
made into wire AT ALL.

You really are one stupid ****tard.

Seems you know nothing of even US suppliers.

http://www.malinco.com/

It comes in many varieties.

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In other words, your still a subhuman *******.