Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

Default What's this kind of terminal called?

http://tinyurl.com/yhvwr6x

is an inverter. If you select the second picture, you'll see the DC
input terminals. They unscrew so that a spade terminal such as this can
be connected

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/H3219

But what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

...what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Binding posts.

They sometimes also will accept banana plugs in the middle of the post, like
these do:

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/broadcast/2417073_6883_6884.pdf

but use of banana plugs for high current applications such as your inverter
is not recommended.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

Gloria West wrote:
...what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Binding posts.

They sometimes also will accept banana plugs in the middle of the post, like
these do:

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/broadcast/2417073_6883_6884.pdf

but use of banana plugs for high current applications such as your inverter
is not recommended.

Yes.

After Nik told me what they're called I was able to to find some in an
online catalogue. All my previous searches for screw, terminal and
connector, and combinations thereof, had failed to find them.

Sylvia.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:59:05 +1100, Sylvia Else
wrote:

Gloria West wrote:
...what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Binding posts.

They sometimes also will accept banana plugs in the middle of the post, like
these do:

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/broadcast/2417073_6883_6884.pdf

but use of banana plugs for high current applications such as your inverter
is not recommended.

Yes.

After Nik told me what they're called I was able to to find some in an
online catalogue. All my previous searches for screw, terminal and
connector, and combinations thereof, had failed to find them.

Sylvia.

RS Catalogue
Red Terminal Post 738-418
Black 738-402Good for 63 amps 60volt dc

Insulated terminal 30 Amp Various colours

All on Page 2758 latest cat.

John G.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

wrote:

Gloria West wrote:
[...]

Yes, they're not difficult to find, if you know what they're called.

Sylvia.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

wrote:

Gloria West wrote:
[...]

I was taught many many years ago that "binding post" is the American
name for what we Brits (and hence RS and Maplin) call a "terminal".
(Maplin goes half way across the Atlantic with "terminal post".) So
you also need to know where the questioner is.

Chris
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics

Yes, they're not difficult to find, if you know what they're called.

Sylvia.

Google is your friend, if you know what term(s) to type in. If not, it's a
frustrating experience.