Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ONKYO HT-R500 No display

Hi

I have the above unit that has worked flawlessly until the weekend.
Now there is no display. All functions work as far as I can work out
without being able to see anything. All buttons work which would
indicate that the sub-microprocessor is ok, even though this is what
controls the display. I have tried a reset (hold Video-1 and press
Standby) to no avail. I have also left the unit unpowered for a day.
I haven't as yet checked the voltage from the transformer which is the
only part of the display not connected to the processor.

Any clues as to what could be the problem? We get the occasional brown
out, so whether that has blown the display is a good question.

Is there any other written info available for this unit apart from the
Service manual?

TIA

Steve
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bribieboy" wrote in message
[...]

Likely a power supply problem of some sort, unless the display tube has been
physically damaged. There are other possibilities, microprocessor-related
for example, but power supply issues would be the most likely culprit. An
Onkyo authorized servicer would be your best bet. Be prepared to get your
wallet out or just buy a new receiver. Later model Onkyo receivers can be
very difficult to troubleshoot.

Mark Z.

ONKYO TU-D1 Brasto Electronics Repair 1 August 2nd 08 12:09 AM
TFT display pinout / use laptop display separately? [palme7] Andreas Ulmer Electronics Repair 2 August 23rd 05 09:39 AM
onkyo TX - 37 Wbelsito Electronics Repair 0 December 14th 04 10:36 PM
Onkyo A45 amplifier Marin Electronics Repair 1 December 13th 04 12:53 PM
ONKYO TX-DS575 help please Tim Schwartz Electronics Repair 0 August 2nd 04 01:32 PM