DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ONKYO HT-R500 No display (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/293084-onkyo-ht-r500-no-display.html)

bribieboy December 2nd 09 12:00 AM

ONKYO HT-R500 No display

Hi

I have the above unit that has worked flawlessly until the weekend.
Now there is no display. All functions work as far as I can work out
without being able to see anything. All buttons work which would
indicate that the sub-microprocessor is ok, even though this is what
controls the display. I have tried a reset (hold Video-1 and press
Standby) to no avail. I have also left the unit unpowered for a day.
I haven't as yet checked the voltage from the transformer which is the
only part of the display not connected to the processor.

Any clues as to what could be the problem? We get the occasional brown
out, so whether that has blown the display is a good question.

Is there any other written info available for this unit apart from the
Service manual?

TIA

Steve

Mark Zacharias[_2_] December 2nd 09 11:30 AM

ONKYO HT-R500 No display

"bribieboy" wrote in message
[...]

Likely a power supply problem of some sort, unless the display tube has been
physically damaged. There are other possibilities, microprocessor-related
for example, but power supply issues would be the most likely culprit. An
Onkyo authorized servicer would be your best bet. Be prepared to get your
wallet out or just buy a new receiver. Later model Onkyo receivers can be
very difficult to troubleshoot.

Mark Z.