Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default toshiba CF2765K vertical deflection problem

howdy, I have a Toshiba TV model #CF2765K. It has sound and HV but no
vertical deflection. I have a solid blue line 1/2+ thick in the middle
with thinner lines on the top 1/2 of the screen, bottom 1/2 is dark. I
have replaced the vertical IC as well as C308 & C305. I verified R308. I
still have the same symptoms!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:17:35 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

howdy, I have a Toshiba TV model #CF2765K. It has sound and HV but no
vertical deflection. I have a solid blue line 1/2+ thick in the middle
with thinner lines on the top 1/2 of the screen, bottom 1/2 is dark. I
have replaced the vertical IC as well as C308 & C305. I verified R308. I
still have the same symptoms!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

IIRC, some Toshiba chassis had a small electro (1uF or 2.2uF, 50V)
near the jungle IC (TA8xxx ?) go bad.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

howdy, The two caps I changed were 1.0uf and 220uf both near the
vertical IC AN5221. I am not familiar with the term jungle IC! Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:17:35 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

howdy, I have a Toshiba TV model #CF2765K. It has sound and HV but no
vertical deflection. I have a solid blue line 1/2+ thick in the middle
with thinner lines on the top 1/2 of the screen, bottom 1/2 is dark. I
have replaced the vertical IC as well as C308 & C305. I verified R308. I
still have the same symptoms!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

IIRC, some Toshiba chassis had a small electro (1uF or 2.2uF, 50V)
near the jungle IC (TA8xxx ?) go bad.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:36:43 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

howdy, The two caps I changed were 1.0uf and 220uf both near the
vertical IC AN5221. I am not familiar with the term jungle IC! Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

This thread suggests replacing C301 (1uF, 50V) as well as the two you
have already changed:
http://www.plcdrives.com/forum/f34/t...problem-20545/

AFAICT, the jungle IC is a TA8680N. I believe it's called a "jungle"
because it's a one-chip-does-everything solution.

These datasheets may help:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-...DSA-764764.pdf
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/7000to7099/pdf/nte7010.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks all, I thought I had already verified C301, when I went to check
it again it was bad.(I had never checked it). It was the problem, Thanks
again to all that replied.

Gary