Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC XV-DDV1SLE harddisk recorder

Hello everybody,

A couple of days ago I was watching a DVD on this HD recorder/DVD player
when all of a sudden it stopped working. When I switch it on, all it does is
flash a blue light on the front. I'm unable to eject the DVD, and nothing is
working.

I'm suspecting the switching power supply and have replaced 4 capacitors,
but this has made no difference. I've measured the power supply output and
have seen a 12 Volt output. Since I don't know what other voltages should be
present, I've run out of options.

best regards,
Huibert