Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TEAC V 80AB F 8MM Videocassette Tape Recorder Military Avionics Aircraft Mission Flight Recorder AVR

Hi, I've been looking for service literature, a service manual, parts lists
or any other technical info for the Teac V-80AB-F Airborne Video Recorder.
A similar updated units are the V-82AB-F and V-83AB-F.

The last mention of these units in S.E.R. was in 2003, and that guy didn't
get any responses to his inquiry.
He stated that Teac had informed him that the service manuals were NLA.

I have found product info, as far as the selling features and performance
specs from the Teac website.

These are ruggedized military VCRs for some U.S. helicopters and fighter
planes, and had been fitted into a lot of global aircraft that were
manufactured in the U.S.
It seems that there were quite a few of the V-80AB-f units in service at the
time of Desert Storm, and since then.

It's possible that some were in use in NASA applications, and various types
of flight/training simulators.
Teac suggested in their literature that they would be suitable for law
enforcement, Customs and other uses requiring a rugged recorder.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone that might know where I could obtain a
service manual or peripheral equipment related to these units, which are
listed below

Recorder, Video
Federal Supply Class 5836
National Item ID Number NSN
5836-01-381-8813
01-381-8813
50356 (Vendor number maybe)
Teac America Inc V-80AB-F-NTSC

NSN 7R-5836-01-381-8813-AH or
7R-5836-013818813-ah OR
7RH 5836 01-381-8813

Mating connector sets
VW/V80 or
V-W-V-80 OR
V-W-V83

Remote control units
VS-80G or
VS-80RCH

Control interface
Manual, discrete and RS-422

Power connector 6-pin Bendix PT02E-10-6P
Control connector 32-pin Bendix PT02E-18-32P
Power 28 VDC unregulated 15W (45W with heater)

These are basically an 8mm VCR in a rugged case (approx 6" cube) with
external control and signal connections thru the 32-pin connector.

wb(underscore)wildbill at yahoo.com

Cheers,
WB
metalworking projects