Posted to sci.electronics.repair
donotroubleme

Default are harddisk completely sealed ???

are harddisk completely sealed ???

I open one myself. I do not know.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT

donotroubleme wrote:

are harddisk completely sealed ???

I open one myself. I do not know.

No.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

the internal parts of a hard drive is sealed to keep out dust particles
that would scratch the platters or read/write head. With the cost per
GB of disk space so inexpensive, it would be a waste of time to try to
repair it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

I have a bunch of bad ones if someone wants one to experiment with or
just look at. probably cost a buck or 2 to mail

They've got some wicked magnets in them, I've got a whole pile I've been
gradually parting out. There's some cool ball bearings and other bits
too and a fair amount of scrap aluminum.

FYI make sure you remove the silly crossposting if replying to any of
these threads, there's a lot of that floating around lately.

Faulty pressure gauge on new sealed CH system [email protected] UK diy 10 December 24th 05 07:01 PM
Where can I get a large sealed plastic box with a door. Sized as a small garden shed. Peter UK diy 8 October 25th 05 08:45 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Getting Inhibiter into a sealed heating system Rich UK diy 2 September 9th 03 09:59 PM
Repairing leaks and adding a radiator in a CH sealed system. Paulo UK diy 1 August 18th 03 10:00 PM