Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Belton springline reverb repair

Dropped cab , a source for a lost ferrite cylinder ? IF transformer core
drilled through ? or something used in a more audio range, I cannot think of
anything suitable
Is the metal connecting the end of the spring to the glue point at the end
of the yellow plastic cylinder mount? other than strong enough to take
normal knocks, presumably not copper, I could use tungsten or ni-chrome is
the smallest diameter the best assuming strength is adequate or is it
rigidity o flexibility that is the criterion in less camping of response.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

or in English

Dropped cab , anyone know of a source for the lost ferrite cylinder ?
IF transformer core
drilled through ? or something used in a more audio range, I cannot think of
anything suitable
Is the metal connecting the end of the spring to the glue point at the end
of the yellow plastic cylinder mount critical.
Other than strong enough to take
normal knocks, presumably not copper, I could use tungsten or ni-chrome.
Is the smallest diameter the best choice assuming strength is adequate or
is it
rigidity / flexibility that is the criterion in less damping of response.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The original wire ends were 0.15mm probably phosphor-bronze. Only similar to
hand was 0.06mm tungsten wire. To reuse the broken ferrite I had to heat up
to slide off the wire and the glue. Replacement one was an RF bead. This
spring was much closer pitch than the other 2 springs. Replacing and testing
the response at either end, compared to activating each of the other springs
(lightly sliding a toothpick along) was about 1/10 of the response.
Difference a function of the spring characteristic or the wrong metal wires
at the ends or because the this spring is in a different position in the
pickup laminations ? Presumably not due to heating as that was on only one
of them

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England