Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.

howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and
then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have
touched up any solder connections that looked cold, and verified the
front panel switches are not shorted. I still have the problem. Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gary L. Woodruff" wrote in message
howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and then
at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have touched up
any solder connections that looked cold, and verified the front panel
switches are not shorted. I still have the problem. Any and all help is
greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary

Verify that the plastic buttons are not touching the tact switches. You
might just change the tact switches anyway if it is not a mechanical problem
like this. These sets have lots of problems with intermittent operation due
to bad switches. They need not measure a short.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Leonard, Thanks for the tip. I have checked all of the switches for
shorts, all read open unless they are activated. i am testing with the
button panel out of the set so no buttons are are falsely activated. I
read somewhere that it could be the power IC but I do not yet have a
service manual to locate it.

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
"Gary L. Woodruff" wrote in message
howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and
then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have
touched up any solder connections that looked cold, and verified the
front panel switches are not shorted. I still have the problem. Any
and all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary

Verify that the plastic buttons are not touching the tact switches. You
might just change the tact switches anyway if it is not a mechanical
problem like this. These sets have lots of problems with intermittent
operation due to bad switches. They need not measure a short.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Leonard, I did not catch that the switches may not be shorted to cause
the problem. I have removed all of the tact switches from the panel and
am still getting power up & power down over and over ...... I believe
that eliminates the tact switches, do you have any other suggestions or
feel that the tact switch cb is faulty?? the set does not stay powered
up long enough to develop any rastor but does seem to generate hv (not
measured but get alot of static on th pt). Any and all help is GREATLY
appreciated