Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.

"Gary L. Woodruff" wrote in message
howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and then
at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have touched up
any solder connections that looked cold, and verified the front panel
switches are not shorted. I still have the problem. Any and all help is
greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary

Verify that the plastic buttons are not touching the tact switches. You
might just change the tact switches anyway if it is not a mechanical problem
like this. These sets have lots of problems with intermittent operation due
to bad switches. They need not measure a short.

Leonard