Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sumsung monitor intermittent startup

Hi,

Samsung 931B LCD Monitor

Monitor and computer are switched off overnight.
In the morning I switch on the monitor and computer
The monitor switch button glows blue
Display flickers on and off maybe 5 or six times then dies and monitor
switch light dies also
I turn the switch off then on again, and experience the same result
After I have gone through this procedure maybe 6 or 7 times the
display eventually stays on
No problems with display until the next morning when I have to repeat
the whole process again to get the display running.

Is this repairable. How do I open the case?

Al Moodie
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Al Moodie" wrote in message
Hi,

Samsung 931B LCD Monitor

Monitor and computer are switched off overnight.
In the morning I switch on the monitor and computer
The monitor switch button glows blue
Display flickers on and off maybe 5 or six times then dies and monitor
switch light dies also
I turn the switch off then on again, and experience the same result
After I have gone through this procedure maybe 6 or 7 times the
display eventually stays on
No problems with display until the next morning when I have to repeat
the whole process again to get the display running.

Is this repairable. How do I open the case?

Al Moodie

You can open any case with a BIG HAMMER!!
this will also permenantly fix you LCD monitor for good; it will never work
again.

Problem solved.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:11:06 -0400, Al Moodie put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Samsung 931B LCD Monitor

Is this repairable. How do I open the case?

Look for an FCC ID on the label. Then fill in the Grantee Code and
Product Code boxes at this URL:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

The internal photos should identify the tabs in the cover. With any
luck you may also score a circuit diagram.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
How do I open the case?

I just went through the same with a flat screen... take a look at the
post earlier, the tag is:

DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.

Lots of hints on how to open those cases. Also lot of information
pertaining to bad capacitors that were put in these monitors.

see.. http://www.badcaps.net/

Good Luck

S.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Hi,

Samsung 931B LCD Monitor

Monitor and computer are switched off overnight.
In the morning I switch on the monitor and computer
The monitor switch button glows blue
Display flickers on and off maybe 5 or six times then dies and monitor
switch light dies also
I turn the switch off then on again, and experience the same result
After I have gone through this procedure maybe 6 or 7 times the
display eventually stays on
No problems with display until the next morning when I have to repeat
the whole process again to get the display running.

Is this repairable. How do I open the case?

Al Moodie

Yes, it's repairable. These symptoms are typicaly caused by bad
capacitors in the power supply. The best way to fix it is by
replacing ALL of the capacitors in the power supply with high
temperature, low ESR caps. I prefer Panasonic FM and FC series, but
other manufacturers also have excellent parts. Digikey is a good
source if you are in the USA.

Opening the case varies by model. Usually you have to remove the
stand, remove any screws holding the back on, then CAREFULLY pry the
two parts apart. I prefer to start at the botton. The tool of choice
varies depending on who you talk to. Some prefer a putty knife,
others a credit card, a guitar pick, or even a thin bladed
screwdriver.

PlainBill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sometimes a thumbnail is the best tool, becsue you can feel the
latches as you slide it along the seam.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Sometimes a thumbnail is the best tool, because you can feel the
latches as you slide it along the seam.

I used to use a blank PC card slot cover, with the pointy end filed down
a little.

If you can use your thumbnail, you don't have to worry about
scratching the case.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi,

Not exactly a repair but I've found that if I turn the monitor switch
on first thing in the morning, then go do something else for 10
minutes, when I come back there is no display, but then if I turn the
switch off and on again the display stabilizes after a few flickers.

Al Moodie.