Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA TV model 27V412T Mute Icon Nuisance

Hi Jonesy,

Did you honestly think I didn't know about reducing the volume
control?

I won't bore you with details regarding my use of the mute function.
However, I will tell you I use it often. Turning the volume down,
then up again is an inconvenience.

John

On 2 Oct 2009 14:31:39 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:26:42 -0400, wrote:

I own an RCA TV, model 27V412T, chassis M134C. When muted, a mute
icon is displayed at a location that annoys me since the icon doesn't
disappear. Note: Another model RCA TV of mine, the icon disappears after 5
seconds.

When my wife watches The Denver Broncos and listens to the local
(translation: better informed), Denver radio commentators, she simply
runs the TV volume *all* the way down. Ergo, no [MUTE] blob.

Doncha just love it when a manufacturer knows better than you
how you should experience the wonders of _your_ apparatus?

Jonesy