Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA TV model 27V412T Mute Icon Nuisance

Hi,

I own an RCA TV, model 27V412T, chassis M134C. When muted, a mute
icon is displayed at a location that annoys me since the icon doesn't
disappear. Note: Another model RCA TV of mine, the icon disappears after 5
seconds.

I have Photofact 5234 for this TV. Note: I work in consumer products
repair such as TVs, etc.

There is no option via menu to modify the behavior of this mute icon.
I know how to access the service mode menu, but I have no information on
many of the abbreviations in various service mode menus. There is no
information in the Photofact!

Does anyone know how I can relocate this icon or remove the icon?

Thank You in advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:26:42 -0400, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I own an RCA TV, model 27V412T, chassis M134C. When muted, a mute
icon is displayed at a location that annoys me since the icon doesn't
disappear. Note: Another model RCA TV of mine, the icon disappears after 5
seconds.

My old LG CRT set did the same thing. :-(

I have Photofact 5234 for this TV. Note: I work in consumer products
repair such as TVs, etc.

Here is the service manual for the M134C chassis:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=37611

There is no option via menu to modify the behavior of this mute icon.

I suspect that this annoying behaviour is hard coded into IC101. :-(

- Franc Zabkar