Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default RCA TV model 27V412T Mute Icon Nuisance

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:26:42 -0400, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I own an RCA TV, model 27V412T, chassis M134C. When muted, a mute
icon is displayed at a location that annoys me since the icon doesn't
disappear. Note: Another model RCA TV of mine, the icon disappears after 5
seconds.

My old LG CRT set did the same thing. :-(

I have Photofact 5234 for this TV. Note: I work in consumer products
repair such as TVs, etc.

Here is the service manual for the M134C chassis:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=37611

There is no option via menu to modify the behavior of this mute icon.

I suspect that this annoying behaviour is hard coded into IC101. :-(

- Franc Zabkar