Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA TV model 27V412T, ch M134C relocating Mute Icon

Hi,

I am a TV repairman. I own an RCA TV model 27V412T, chassis M134C.

I have Photofact 5234 SM for this TV chassis.

I would like, if possible, to relocate (or have it disappear) the mute icon
on the screen when I press the mute button. Why? When I
am looking at "On Demand" program/movie listings, the icon covers
a part of the listing, but I don't want to hear the "barker" promos.
Of course, I have been turning down the volume as an alternate.

There is nothing in the regular menu that allows you to modify
the mute icon. I know how to access the service mode menu,
but I have no clue about many of the abbreviations in the
various service mode menus. No explanation in Photofact.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:16:58 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

I am a TV repairman. I own an RCA TV model 27V412T, chassis M134C.

I have Photofact 5234 SM for this TV chassis.

I would like, if possible, to relocate (or have it disappear) the mute icon
on the screen when I press the mute button. Why? When I
am looking at "On Demand" program/movie listings, the icon covers
a part of the listing, but I don't want to hear the "barker" promos.
Of course, I have been turning down the volume as an alternate.

There is nothing in the regular menu that allows you to modify
the mute icon. I know how to access the service mode menu,
but I have no clue about many of the abbreviations in the
various service mode menus. No explanation in Photofact.

Thanks in advance, Brad

I can't help, but I have the same problem with an LG CRT TV, model
CT-29M30RX. I suspect that this (mis)behaviour may be hard coded into
the uP's internal ROM. I've checked the service manual, but there is
nothing that would suggest that the Mute icon can be relocated, or be
made to disappear after a time delay.

BTW, "full Schematics and parts manual with trouble shooting guide"
for your chassis are available he
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/37611/RCA_.html

- Franc Zabkar