Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Oscilloscope Repair

Hey all,

I have a Beckman-Industrial 20Mhz scope (not sure of model number)
that I need to repair. I don't have the owners/service manual for it
anymore nor do I have another scope that would aid me in fixing it.
There is something wrong with the second channel amplifier as it is
picking up noise regardless of if there's a probe connected to it or
not.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good palce to send
this thing for repair.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

DewDude wrote in message
Hey all,

I have a Beckman-Industrial 20Mhz scope (not sure of model number)
that I need to repair. I don't have the owners/service manual for it
anymore nor do I have another scope that would aid me in fixing it.
There is something wrong with the second channel amplifier as it is
picking up noise regardless of if there's a probe connected to it or
not.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good palce to send
this thing for repair.

You could try here.
But first go to Google / images and visually try and find the model number.

When indside you should , with luck, be faced with 2 identical
compenentwise, not topologically necessarily, both the same, then compare
node for node with a signal bridged between both inputs.

At 20M you may be lucky and not have to remove loads of screening , could
easily be just corrosion on an attenuator switch.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, DewDude wrote:
Hey all,

I have a Beckman-Industrial 20Mhz scope (not sure of model number)
that I need to repair. I don't have the owners/service manual for it
anymore nor do I have another scope that would aid me in fixing it.
There is something wrong with the second channel amplifier as it is
picking up noise regardless of if there's a probe connected to it or
not.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good palce to send
this thing for repair.

Why can't you trouble shoot the defective channel using the good
channel?