Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SPDIF to Analog converter.

On Sep 23, 10:28*am, Jamie
t wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Jamie wrote:

This isn't a repair question how ever, I need a
SPDIF to analog converter because My LCD TV only has
SPDIF for audio output, my new Home theater only has
*LINE inputs (stereo) but does have digital output? (go figure).

* I would like one that passes the 5.1 signal, so that my
surround system will process it.

Your surround system is Pro Logic or something earlier. Replace it.

Actually, its not that early, I just got it(New)!

* It was a gift so it's not like an easy return.,,.

* It has USB, SD card options, HDMI outputs, Component outputs and LINE
input . Along with a COAX digital programmable output!.

* *it just does not have a SPDIF input on it. and the TV does not have
the analog line output..
* *It does have how ever, a head jack (stereo) output which I am
wondering if that carries the 5.1 signal ?

* *admittedly, it's a cheap system..

* 1000Watts Colby. But, since it was free, I'd like to
get the TV piped into it.

Don't know if this will work:

Will a Creative Labs EMU1212 convert for you?

It has 24 bit SPDIF port built in and they cost $100 to $200

From experience using them, that 24 bits is REAL, well, at least 23 of
it.

I'm not associated with Creative Labs, or gain from their sales.

Originally I have evaluated the performance of both the EMU0404 and
the EMU1212 and started using their products when the 1212 exceeded
performance of my $3,500 Data Acquisition system! Since then, have
used the 1212 several times in different projects.

Robert