Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rb rb is offline

Default Sony KLV-40U-100M no display

Sony KLV-40U-100M has no display.

Powers up green panel light is on and so are the back lamps.

No display from any of the inputs.

Any thoughts or tips on this set?

Thanks...........

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"rb" wrote in message
Sony KLV-40U-100M has no display.

Powers up green panel light is on and so are the back lamps.

No display from any of the inputs.

Any thoughts or tips on this set?

Thanks...........

Gotta be the main board - there isn't much else...

This board is actually a high-failure item. Replaced one just last Saturday.
The normal failure mode is the set just sits there dumb, and won't turn on
at all. One confirms the standby voltage to the main board, and note that
the turn-on signal is absent coming from the main board back to the power
supply.

Your failure seems different but I'm still betting on the main board.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rb rb is offline

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"rb" wrote in message
Sony KLV-40U-100M has no display.

Powers up green panel light is on and so are the back lamps.

No display from any of the inputs.

Any thoughts or tips on this set?

Thanks...........

Gotta be the main board - there isn't much else...

This board is actually a high-failure item. Replaced one just last
Saturday. The normal failure mode is the set just sits there dumb, and
won't turn on at all. One confirms the standby voltage to the main board,
and note that the turn-on signal is absent coming from the main board back
to the power supply.

Your failure seems different but I'm still betting on the main board.

Mark Z.

I agree it is a problem on the A board.
I was hoping to just repair the component that is bad.
All caps tested Ok with and esr meter and diodes test ok also.
What did the board cost ,and did you order from Sony?
Thanks..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"rb" wrote in message
[...]

Don't remember the cost exactly - it was 200.00 or so but also with a large
core value - perhaps 380.00 or so IIRC. We get them from Sony. Dealer
pricing is available from other distributors - but you'd have to pay the
core up front and get refunded when you return it.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"rb" wrote in message
[...]

You know - this could be a bad T-conn. With the set powered on try slightly
loosening and rocking the connector to the T-conn and see if the screen
flashes or blips or shows any sign of activity. If not, the T-conn board is
probably bad. It's not available separately for this model. The panel would
have to be replaced.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"rb" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Mark, I will check that out also.